Members area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members area

Is there ANY way to change my "member's area" password to something I can remember?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
    Is there ANY way to change my "member's area" password to something I can remember?
    I don't think you'll be permitted to select your password.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

No, for security reasons we can not allow this.

Comment

So, EVERYTIME someone forgets or loses their password, you guys have to generate a new one?

WOWEE!
        sigpic

Comment

It's not as difficult as it may seem, I'm sure it's at least semi-automated by now.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

If you are 'Green' and do not like the use a paper, then save it on your computers notepad.

Comment

i hate it too... especially when i bounce bettwen my laptop, my desktop, and my work machine.

depending where i am, i usually have to do a password re-gen... and then i'm screwed in my other 2 locations as well. lol

Comment

NEVER save your password in txt files on your PC in order to avoid them to be stolen by a trojan application. You can just write it on a peace of paper with out any notices about how to use this information. It is most secure method, excepting your own memory...

Comment

Originally posted by Selrion View Post
                  NEVER save your password in txt files on your PC in order to avoid them to be stolen by a trojan application.
                  I was just about to say the same thing.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Selrion View Post
                    NEVER save your password in txt files on your PC in order to avoid them to be stolen by a trojan application. You can just write it on a peace of paper with out any notices about how to use this information. It is most secure method, excepting your own memory...
                    I use the encrypted keychain within Mac OS X.

Comment

Yes, it is automated, users can just request a newly generated one if needed.

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/lostpw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X