No announcement yet.

vBulletin Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you run 3.6.1 or higher your admincp will have a news item linking to a survey you can submit.

Comment

I've got 3.6.8... I'll take a look.
      http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
      The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

There was a few performance issues with PHP 5.2.0 and 5.2.1, mostly down to the new memory manager that needed a few tweaks.

Regardless of what was said in the past the latest PHP 5.2 is what we're recommending for customers.
        What version of mysql is recommended for vb 3.7?
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Aah, I've participated but I thought it was like a series of questions .

What's "Threaded Mode Usage"?
          http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
          The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
            I suggest 5.0.46 or above as 5.0.46 have tons of improvements.

Comment

Like 3.6, http://www.vbulletin.com/features.php

Originally posted by Eagle Creek View Post
              Aah, I've participated but I thought it was like a series of questions .

What's "Threaded Mode Usage"?
              Click into the "Display Mode" link above post list here

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Well, the feature page indicates 5.0.19+, so go with something in that regard.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

The feature page also indicates PHP 4.4.2 or 5.1.2 or later and Kier said that 5.2 is the most current recommendation.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I have just updated the PHP and MySQL recommendations on the features page. The current versions of PHP and MySQL are the best ever for running vBulletin and I'd recommend that everyone who can upgrade their servers to the latest versions does so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
                      I have just updated the PHP and MySQL recommendations on the features page. The current versions of PHP and MySQL are the best ever for running vBulletin and I'd recommend that everyone who can upgrade their servers to the latest versions does so.
                      Fantastic .

Comment

Already using PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.51a

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

I have also included APC in our recommendations - we will be making far more use of opcode caches in vBulletin 4.

With vB3 there is a huge benefit from using an opcode cache, but we don't take specific advantage of their features.

This wil be reversed in vBulletin 4, where we will code with those running an opcode cache as our target platform. Those not running an opcode cache will still be able to run vBulletin 4, but they will be at a distinct disadvantage.

Comment

Is this going to be limited only with APC ? And why did you choose APC ?
                            I personally have way better perfonmance with xcache on my servers comparing to APC

Comment

I have also included APC in our recommendations - we will be making far more use of opcode caches in vBulletin 4.

With vB3 there is a huge benefit from using an opcode cache, but we don't take specific advantage of their features.

This wil be reversed in vBulletin 4, where we will code with those running an opcode cache as our target platform. Those not running an opcode cache will still be able to run vBulletin 4, but they will be at a distinct disadvantage.
                              Never knew about opcode benefits myself, will check if we have that set up on our server. I don't even know what opcode is :P.

Edit: I get what it is now .
                              Last edited by ---MAD---; Wed 16 Apr '08, 9:20am.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                                Is this going to be limited only with APC ? And why did you choose APC ?
                                I personally have way better perfonmance with xcache on my servers comparing to APC
                                Won't be APC, just an OP Code cache of some sort be it XCache, APC, eaccelerator or Zend Platform.

I think what Kier is trying to say is that we'll use much more aggressive caching with the vBulletin 4.
                                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X