No announcement yet.

vBulletin Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time to reply to this 'old' survey never activated before (I remember when I discover this when I was translated vBulletin in French)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Completed and sent

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
        It's time to reply to this 'old' survey never activated before (I remember when I discover this when I was translated vBulletin in French)
        Talking about old, didn't you just have your birthday? (congrats)

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Talking about old, didn't you just have your birthday? (congrats)
          Yes, yesterday, I saw your messages in my profile and in your chat room (thanks)
          Last edited by Yves Rigaud; Wed 9 Apr '08, 2:17pm.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Getting white screen when accessing misc.php?do=survey (admincp is SSL secured). Any ideas?

Comment

Please post in the relevant support forum for your version to receive support.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                I have to agree with --Mad-- that a "can you upgrade php and mysql" question would've been appropriate. I am running older versions of php/mysql (php4.4.1 and mysql 4.1.11) but its my box and can easilly upgrade.
                To us, the question of 'can you upgrade' is not so interesting as 'what are you running'. Whether or not someone can upgrade is largely irrelevant to us.

We can not assume that a person will upgrade, just because they can. Case in point, if it's easy for you to upgrade from your nasty 4.x versions of PHP and MySQL, why have you not already done so?

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
                  To us, the question of 'can you upgrade' is not so interesting as 'what are you running'. Whether or not someone can upgrade is largely irrelevant to us.

We can not assume that a person will upgrade, just because they can. Case in point, if it's easy for you to upgrade from your nasty 4.x versions of PHP and MySQL, why have you not already done so?
                  I think one reason that people are still on PHP4/MySQL4 is that hosting provider for vps/shared hosting do not upgrade, or are using outdated control panels. I remember moving away from an old shared hosting account simply because they refused to upgrade 'why fix what isn't broken' is what they told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    I think one reason that people are still on PHP4/MySQL4 is that hosting provider for vps/shared hosting do not upgrade, or are using outdated control panels. I remember moving away from an old shared hosting account simply because they refused to upgrade 'why fix what isn't broken' is what they told me.
                    Yes, that's a very big factor in the continued presence of PHP4 and MySQL4.

However, as I said, it is largely irrelevant to us whether a person is on an old version because they can't upgrade, or because they can't be bothered to upgrade. The end result is the same.

Comment

I understand that aspect of it but truthfully, there's been no need to upgrade yet.

I'm sure there are more stable and secure versions of php/mysql available but from a functional perspective the drivers of interest are:
                      Users -> Features needed -> Software to do it -> Server and OS systems to run it.

The software drives the need for hosting and the upgrades. If I want feature x and vb4 has it and vb4 requires php x.x and mysql x.x, then I will go and get it.
                      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Ignoring stability and security there are performance benefits to running PHP 5.2+.

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebasti...21180/sizes/o/

Sure thats some benchmarks and might not exactly fit into real world scenarios but there are features within vBulletin that take advantage of newer versions of PHP if its available. Most of these are simply faster native functions.

PHP 5 is also actively maintained, there are bug fixes as well as security fixes happening. It's what the developers are using so you're less likely to get by obscure bugs caused by your older version.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I am convinced and will tackle it this weekend.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

QQ on the survey.

I did it yesterday and sent the information. The thing is back though.

How often do I have to send the information, or how often do you people want it, or is once enough?

Comment

Once sending the survey, you can dismiss the news item. Otherwise it will continue to show. We only need the survey once per license.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X