[pw change] Can't login to members.vbulletin.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [pw change] Can't login to members.vbulletin.com

i know both my customer number and password - but members.vbulletin.com wont accept what i enter.

im possitive i didnt change my password, but in case it was changed somehow, i can't use the "forgot password" function because the email address listed for our account is dead (old company email).

the type of license that we have is "owned license" - our free upgrades expired already and we want to login to the site in order to renew / buy upgrades.

who can we talk to?

vBulletin changed all passwords, this would make your old password not work at all. So, best thing you can do is contact vBulletin Staff via the support center, they will ask you a few questions simply answer these questions. just make sure you tell them that your current email on the account no longer works. As long as you know your Customer number, you should be fine

Comment

would you know why they did that?

we've been using that account for 7 years and this is the first time this has happened.

Comment

I believe it was due to security.

From my email:

Jake S*******,

As part of a general review of our operations, and in line with security best practices, a new password has been generated for your vBulletin customer account.

Your new password is:

You will need to make a note of this password, as it is your key to access the vBulletin Members' Area, where you can download vBulletin products and submit support tickets.

Your customer number has not changed, and this does not affect any accounts you may have registered on any vBulletin forums.

Please note that you will also need to provide a new security question and answer on your first log-in.

The vBulletin Members' Area can be found here:
        http://members.vbulletin.com

Comment

[offtopic]
          Jake!
          What's happened? You've become positively helpful?!?
          [/offtopic]
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
            [offtopic]
            Jake!
            What's happened? You've become positively helpful?!?
            [/offtopic]
            [offtopic]Someone bashed me over the head with a barge pole[/offtopic]

Comment

Originally posted by tsadi View Post
              would you know why they did that?

we've been using that account for 7 years and this is the first time this has happened.
              You can email [email protected], link back to this thread, and in your email include any details you have so we can find your license and ask you to verify yourself so we can change your email. Once your email is changed you can retrieve your customer details.

Comment

sent that email to support already. i hope they reply fast.

thanks floris!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X