Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[pw change] Who do you think you are, really!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Na, you said and I quote:

So you have to respect the fact your problem lies with both you and the site owner. If you had a mobile phone number for him, you could have contacted him the same day the password was changed to resolve your problem. The fact you have not taken step to have a way to contact each other like this, knowing fully well you don't see him for months at a time is not vB's fault, but your own fault
    Actually we have taken steps but a phone isn't an option.

I will accept the fact the problem is with all 3.

It's moot now. Support is sending me the current version of the software and when it goes gold. (Thanks Steve)

By that time I should be able to get a hold of the owner.
    http://www.ls1.com
    http://www.lsxspeed.com

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      So the problem isn't on our end. Yes, the owner of the license has to get access, others who she shares it with is her responsibility, and her job to share the new details with you again.
      Well, now ... see this I disagree with.

If we'd had notice, ("we are changing passwords, make sure information is up to date") then I could have had all proper e-mails in place before hand, and not been stuck like this.

Also, if more than one owner was allowed on the license, then I (as the one with all tech functions, and main use of "vB stuff" in general) would not be in this situation. I'd be able to get the support rather than do it through the "true" owner.

Heck, you can have multiple owners of a car, computer and other items, not sure I get only having one owner of the vB license.

Still waiting ....

**ETA**
      To add a thought, what is sad is how long I have been a member here, even had help and support in the past, only to be told I can no longer get help unless the "owner" contacts them.

The longer I have to wait, I have to admit, the more irritated I become. *drums fingers* Just need to wait for the OTHER owner to stop having a life and cater to my needs so I can have access again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyNight View Post
        Heck, you can have multiple owners of a car, computer and other items, not sure I get only having one owner of the vB license.
        Just curious... have you ever encountered another software company that allows multiple owners for a single license?
        [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by EdQ View Post
          I am pretty sure the support fee I have been paying for years gives me access to that area.

As for the software being beta, all software is really beta.
          If it wasn't, you would never need a patch.

I don't agree with you. VB started the problem.
          Example: You and a bussiness partner purchase the house and only your partner name is on title of the house, but you gave $10,000 towards the down payment. Lets say the house triple in value and your partner decides to sell the house, well you be thinking you should get have half the profits right? Wrong! you are only in entitled the down payment and nothing else.

I do not know what fees you are claiming to have been paying, but it goes the same if you knowingly pay someone elses utilitiy bill.

Actually I run the site for the members.

Regardless if I can or cannot contact the owner. VB changed the password not us.
          I had no problem with this...
          Example: Credit Card company locks your card and you call them to ask why it was working anymore, they reply "Suspicious Activities". Now, would you complain or be understanding on what is goning on.

I would not give a heads up to would-be thieves when I am leaving the house, so why would any company announce that they are resetting passwords. It is the owners obligation to inform of any changes, it goes the same in anything you do in the rest of the world.

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
          Just curious... have you ever encountered another software company that allows multiple owners for a single license?
          Not even your OS or anything else... Just because someone lets you have permission to post in support, does not give you the rights to ownership of the account. If I were the owner and seen what you have been asking Staff that you want access to my license downloads... I would just give you the boot real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
            Actually, yes. I phoned Microsoft (for XP re-install ) And had them add hubby as an owner. Also, on a chat I used (way back) both of us (site owners) were able to be added as owner.

I'm pretty sure we have/had others where both hubby and I were listed as owner, but for the life of me I can not think of any off the top of my head.

MIND you, I did have to actually contact the companies to have *other person* added as owner, but they added a note (or something) to the account saying that either/or could deal with any and all matters as if main owner.
            Last edited by ShadyNight; Fri 15th Feb '08, 9:58am. Reason: stupid spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
              Example: You and a bussiness partner purchase the house and only your partner name is on title of the house, but you gave $10,000 towards the down payment. Lets say the house triple in value and your partner decides to sell the house, well you be thinking you should get have half the profits right? Wrong! you are only in entitled the down payment and nothing else.

I do not know what fees you are claiming to have been paying, but it goes the same if you knowingly pay someone elses utilitiy bill.

I had no problem with this...
              Example: Credit Card company locks your card and you call them to ask why it was working anymore, they reply "Suspicious Activities". Now, would you complain or be understanding on what is goning on.

I would not give a heads up to would-be thieves when I am leaving the house, so why would any company announce that they are resetting passwords. It is the owners obligation to inform of any changes, it goes the same in anything you do in the rest of the world.
              Lets go with your example. Owner buys a house. Gives me a key to maintain it. Bank decides with change the locks on the house without warning. Now I cannot get into the house to maintain it. Whose fault is that?

Comment

Lets go with your example. Owner buys a house. Gives me a key to maintain it. Bank decides with change the locks on the house without warning. Now I cannot get into the house to maintain it. Whose fault is that?
                In your example, if the owner still owned the house, the bank would forward the keys to him and he would be responsible for getting them to you.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  In your example, if the owner still owned the house, the bank would forward the keys to him and he would be responsible for getting them to you.
                  True but if the owner isn't available. That causes an issue.
                  With advance notice, some of this grief could have been avoided.

Anyways my problem is solved. The Bank (VB) has sent me my belongings (Software) from the owners house (Members Area). So its all good.

Comment

True but if the owner isn't available. That causes an issue.
                    With advance notice, some of this grief could have been avoided.
                    How would advance notice solve anything? The owner did not put your email address in the licensed area, so you still would not have received notice unless vB posted it here and you check here daily (but then why post it here in public when all licensed owners can be emailed?), and the owner would have, and still not take the time to let you know. Besides, as you stated with the owner gone for months at a time, any advance notice would have left you in the same boat (and the originator of this thread as well).

Comment

• Originally posted by DoE View Post
                      How would advance notice solve anything? The owner did not put your email address in the licensed area, so you still would not have received notice unless vB posted it here and you check here daily (but then why post it here in public when all licensed owners can be emailed?), and the owner would have, and still not take the time to let you know. Besides, as you stated with the owner gone for months at a time, any advance notice would have left you in the same boat (and the originator of this thread as well).

If I had enough of advanced noticed, I would not have upgraded to beta 4. I would have stayed on the 3.6.8

Comment

• My god!
                        I thought this was a complete joke, a spam mail to steal your vb password or something!

But today, trying to download the new vb, my old password wasn't working. And so I remembered about this deleted mail... hopefully I was able to recover it from the trash bin.

Now I totally agree that it is an unappropriate measure. Before, my password was made with digits only. Now it is made with special chars that I almost can't find on my keyboard!

And the personal questions are awful! Like I can remember this kind of things? What if it's a company to buy a licence: what kind of answer a company should give to those questions?
                        Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                        Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                        Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

• Hm, this thread is getting weird. It's strange that a customer doesn't want to have any responsibility - he doesn't want to provide a valid URL of his site, he doesn't want to check email, he wanna do NOTHING. Very pitty of you, guys...

Comment

• I personally don't see the problem... I regularly change all my passwords...

Comment

• Well isn't this just peachy ... now they are jerking the "owner" around. *head meet desk*

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadyNight View Post
                                Well isn't this just peachy ... now they are jerking the "owner" around. *head meet desk*
                                Who is jerking the owner around, and how so?

I'm an owner, I got the email. I logged in, no problems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X