Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[pw change] Who do you think you are, really!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
    I couldn't resist.
    Neither could I, however I made a simple TAG to express my feelings.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nium/logo4.png

Comment

I understand your frustrations, but why not discuss this in a mature manner?

Seriously, you sound like a four year old. Have respect for your dignity when you post.

I check my e-mail, so it really isn't a problem. Of course, I never access my Members' Area unless I need to download a new version.

Also, I agree that we should be allowed to change our username and password. The only way I stay logged in is because my computer logs me in automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Swollen_Cranium View Post
        Neither could I, however I made a simple TAG to express my feelings.
        A what?
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
          A what?

A TAG .... see bottom of thread.
          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nium/logo4.png

Comment

Originally posted by Swollen_Cranium View Post
            A TAG .... see bottom of thread.
            Oh, I see what you mean.

Because you spelt it all caps, I thought you meant something else. You know, like an abreviation.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

I can certainly address the issue w/o attacking:

In my 16 years of managing online communities, and also belonging to countless online communities, I have never once had my "password" changed for me.

Sure, I've received notifications that it is time to change my password, but the onus was on ME to do so. Or better still, upon the next instance of logging in, it was required to select a new password. No one decided when and what my password was going to be without at the very least giving me the option to change it once I logged in.

Quite frankly, I'm VERY surprised at, and disappointed in vB on this one (although I suspect there was a specific reason this was done that we've not been made privvy to)

Laura
              Community Manager
              The Independent Traveler & Cruise Critic
              LauraS
              Cruise Critic & The Independent Traveler
              http://boards.cruisecritic.com
              http://boards.independenttraveler.com

Comment

Its really not that big of a deal.

Comment

Funny thing is, I never check the email I used to buy my software with, so the only way I found out about the change was because of the couple of threads that have popped up about it. So, I went to my email, got my customer number and password, and logged in. No big deal.

I do understand the original posters frustration because it sounds like he was working for a customer and perhaps needed to log into their account (to download a new version perhaps?) and could not. That would be frustrating.

I also think this could have been handled a bit differently with a bit of notice. But, as others have said, perhaps there are reasons why this had to happen right away and we are just not privy to those reasons. If that were the case, I think simply stating that would be nice. If not, then I really have to wonder about the necessity to do it without notice. However, either way, I'm certainly not pissed off about it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

When it comes to me, I absolutly don't care about what this system does with my password and username. It's just important to me always to have access to members area and never mind how many times my password will be changed.

P.S. Тему в топку, автора в бан...

Comment

Originally posted by Selrion View Post
                      When it comes to me, I absolutly don't care about what this system does with my password and username. It's just important to me always to have access to members area and never mind how many times my password will be changed.

P.S. Тему в топку, автора в бан...
                      English only please.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                        English only please.
                        Directly from the rules:

If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
                          Directly from the rules:
                          Which is missing.. yes, I know the forum rules.

Comment

I know, I was just referring to the fact that you said "English only."

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              English only please.
                              I'm sorry, it will never happen again. Here is the translation: "thread to close, author to ban..." Russian Internet slang...

Comment

Originally posted by DoE View Post
                                Working with IT security for the Department of Defense, all I can say is it is about time they implemented stricter passwords and a little more security, and hopefully vB will ensure that they are changed every three months as a minimum.
                                I work for the DoD as well, and DISA standards would allow a password such as the one that was emailed to me today, fyi.

You would think that someone with the user name of "hosting-talk" would have asked 'what took so long?', and appreciated it.
                                I do agree here. It really doesn't bother me, and hosting-talk's typo-laden rant seems more fitting to MySpace than it does to vbulletin.com. It's hard to convince people to see your side of things when you express your opinions in such an immature fashion.

.2c.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X