Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're aware of the problem and we are looking into it.

Comment

same here they are bombarding the memberlist
      www.tabletennistalk.co.uk

Comment

We're already aware and have banned the users. If you're still getting privmsgs that are clearly spam feel free to forward them to me.

Comment

[threads merged]

Comment

How to i report PM spammers

this spammer sent me 3 messages

Dear bloodwrath,
            You have received a new private message at vBulletin Community Forum from terrybrown45, entitled "Hello".
            To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/private.php
            This is the message that was sent:
            Hello,
            Here are 3 PR7 backlinks (HomePage is PR10) absolutely FREE for you :
            adobe.cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=185&threadid=1055117&enterthread=y
            adobe.cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=185&threadid=1111323&enterthread=y
            adobe./cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=185&threadid=1259799&enterthread=y
            Only free-register and post your backlinks with "anchor texts".
            I know a *.com website (Homepage is PR9), which sells "site-wide" links with anchor text at just $25 / Month only. That PR9 website has atleast 21 PR8 pages, 137 PR7 pages and many more inner PR6 and PR5 pages. That website sells all these 159++ PR9-to-PR5 backlinks, including it's PR9 homepage links, at $25/month only. You can "instantly" add your backlinks there just after payment.
            I will tell you this website and their payment page, if you pay me a meagre $24.99 only.
            To instantly download this information about this PR9 site and it's payment page, plz order from the following link, which will later re-direct to the secure PayPal website : payloadz/go/sip?id=392767
            You can instantly download this PR9 website and it's payment page info right after the order.
            ThankYou.
            Martin Brown.

Comment

I got one too, but the guy had already been banned before i got to read the message.

Comment

How do you report PM spammers? Is it really unintuitive to think of forwarding such PMs to a moderator? I don't know why people are opening new threads to announce their reception of spam!
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

You can forward them to me.

Comment

People private message me asking for money.

People are sending me private message asking for money and credit card. I deleted some but I got another one now.

Comment

I think that the increase of this PM spam crap even on the official vB board obviously indicates a pressing need for more control over PMs, because vBulletin provides us with nothing to be able to stop PM spam. There should be an easy ability to restrict new members from sending out PMs until they have X number of public posts, at the least.

Unfortunately, the way vB is set up, right now you can only block their sending AND receiving at the same time, but this is shooting yourself in the foot. If you send welcome PMs (and we do), this means that they don't get a welcome PM. The PM permissions really need to be split between send and receive.
                      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Forward the PM to Floris.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Are you talking about vbulletin.com's forums or vBulletin the software? This thread is about spam PMs on these forums. What you've suggested is doable in vBulletin already using its promotion system.
                          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

No, it's isn't. Read my post above again.
                            Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Users can use the promotion system, and there are staff on forums who people can forward the privmsg too. Even with the biggest tools and all features that people want there will still be spammers who manually register and build up a reputation and then mass spam a forum. I've had spammers who registered in 2004 and only spammed in 2007 for some reason.

Comment

[More threads merged]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X