Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New vB Slogan: Great Software, Crappy Support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAN
    replied
    UPDATE!

It has been only 48 hours and my board is now 100% upgraded, moved, and re-modified.

Extra special thanks go to Freddie for jumping on this issue as soon as possible and getting it resolved in a timely manner.

Despite all of the delays, I am now 110% satisfied and will look forward to adding vB software to a few more of my sites when the need presents itself.

Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• VAN
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    Send me your server details in a PM and I will upgrade your forum. I will ask James to please refund your upgrade fee along with giving a suggestion that you should be given a complimentary upgrade in the future, assuming the upgrade process does not conflict with any future hacks you may apply.
    Wow. Now that is way more than I expected. Thank you VERY much, Freddie.
    PM is on the way.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    That's what I call professionalism.

Go Freddie!

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I can not speak for why you haven't been upgraded and I think it is because James does not know how to deal with the hacks you have made. The developers do not do the upgrades and so the systems need to be in a virgin state. In regards to your statement
    Personally, I feel that if I install hacks that are written by vB moderators, and are PROVIDED for download on the vB site, vB should take full responsibilitry and be prepared to "unhack" a forum when upgrading.
    I don't know where you are coming from with that opinion. If you choose to apply a hack than you have to take responsibility for it. This forum is 100% unsupported by Jelsoft in it's opinions and content. Only files downloaded from the member's area are supported by Jelsoft. That being said this is what needs to happen. Firstly you should not have purchased the upgrade since the disclaimer clearly states that upgrades can only be completed on unhacked forums. James should have refunded your payment after realizing you hacked the forum. Since he did not do that and did make some attempt at upgrading, we should follow through. Send me your server details in a PM and I will upgrade your forum. I will ask James to please refund your upgrade fee along with giving a suggestion that you should be given a complimentary upgrade in the future, assuming the upgrade process does not conflict with any future hacks you may apply.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    He should get his upgrade done for free.
    I know the vB devs are great, but everyone makes mistakes and forgets things.
    So, I really do think he deserves a refund and an upgrade for the hassle and patience he has given you guys.

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    I do apologize on behalf of Jelsoft for the delays you have incurred over this - I have brought this thread to the attention of James who is in charge of installations.

Leave a comment:

• VAN
    started a topic New vB Slogan: Great Software, Crappy Support!

New vB Slogan: Great Software, Crappy Support!

Yeah, so the thread title was a bit harsh, sue me. My patience has been depleted.

7 weeks ago or so (thats nearly 2 months folks) I decided it was time to upgrade my vB from the extremely vulnerable beta 2, to a more secure version 2.01. Guess what? My board has STILL not been upgraded. This is NOT acceptable. It took a couple weeks before I was contacted for the first time regarding the upgrade, and it was promised to be complteted in a matter of days. Was it?
    Nope. Did I get an email explaining why it was not upgraded? Nope.

I wrote back and asked for an explanation, and the reason given to me was that "they were busy". Ok, fine. I can understand that. We all get busy at times. Again I was promised a completed upgrade within a matter of days. Was it done? Nope. Did I get an email this time explaining the delay? Nope. After I contacted them, I was told that since my board had been modified with the "who's online", and "avatars as files" mods, that my upgrade would take a bit longer and that I would be notified again in a couple of days. Was I notified THIS time? Nope. It has now been 3 or 4 days since my last mail to the vB support (and i use that term loosely).

Whats the hold up, guys? I have been out the 135 bucks for nearly 2 months now. Can you upgrade my board or not? I want a simple answer, and if the answer is "no", I want a full refund of the upgrade fee.

Personally, I feel that if I install hacks that are written by vB moderators, and are PROVIDED for download on the vB site, vB should take full responsibilitry and be prepared to "unhack" a forum when upgrading.

There is not any other business that I know of that willingly and knowingly provides "accessories" to its customers that essentially void their product warranty...which will be the case if you tell me you cannot upgrade the board.

So whats it going to be? How many more security leaks are going to be published and patched before I get my damn upgrade? How many more versions are going to be released before I get an email regarding the status of my upgrade?

EMAIL ME for cryin' out loud, people!! How hard is that?