X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please continue any discussion in the Poll thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Just play to ping pong thread's? I think keep just one for this, not 100 thread's with the same content/request that have nosense and confuse the users, if you all like I open there a poll, why shot the posts everywhere?

How I said again, if anybody want a poll, just suggest me the poll options.
    Thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246678

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Masiello View Post
    Please post here your attemption if you like that the Jelsoft open to public their software roadmap and deadlines.
    It would be nice to see there roadmap in regards to what they have planned for future with add-ons, and whats planned next etc. And maybe even a percentage bar to show the current status of an on-going product and where its up too.

But your never going to get them to submit to deadlines.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 24th Oct '07, 1:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Not really. Its a map showing where the company will go next - not necessary when it will go there. Depends how detailed a road map is really.
    I thought I said that...

What's going on in terms of development, what's next....

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    Let's put this into pseudo code so some people may understand

PHP Code:
    $roadmap != $releasedate 
    I think a lot of people here are not requesting a formal release or target date. They simply want to know what's going on in terms of development. If there's a general target date on when they hope to release, that's just an added bonus.
    Not really. Its a map showing where the company will go next - not necessary when it will go there. Depends how detailed a road map is really.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Let's put this into pseudo code so some people may understand

PHP Code:
    $roadmap != $releasedate 
    I think a lot of people here are not requesting a formal release or target date. They simply want to know what's going on in terms of development. If there's a general target date on when they hope to release, that's just an added bonus.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Freezerator View Post
    The answer can be quitte simple: There won't be a roadmap. Why should they make one, because they are not going to give any release dates. Focus on what product you have now, rather on what it can be in the future...
    So what if they dont have release dates? That doesn't mean we have to be left in the dark and not know whats going in 4.0 for example or what the plan is after 3.7.

Leave a comment:

• Freezerator
    replied
    The answer can be quitte simple: There won't be a roadmap. Why should they make one, because they are not going to give any release dates. Focus on what product you have now, rather on what it can be in the future...

Leave a comment:

• RvG
    replied
    I love vbulletin but I don't like the way it is. I am in the dark... don't know what going on. I need something that will keep me excited about what is "new" on vbulletin. Something that is worth to wait and see it how it goes... but at the end - a satisfied customer on what is vbulletin script nowadays but...

better to close this thread... and wait.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
    lol is this thread still open ? that surprises me quite a bit i've said i before and i repeat it again vBulletin 3.7 and 4.0 will come when it's ready to come the more you inpatient ..... ask the longer it's going to take
    Nope it won't take longer. Tell me one way it will take longer lol. A reply will take maximum 5 minutes of a developers time. If it does delay the product (which it doesn't - developers only roam around the forums when they are not developing), it will delay it by 5 mins.

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
    lol is this thread still open ? that surprises me quite a bit i've said i before and i repeat it again vBulletin 3.7 and 4.0 will come when it's ready to come the more you inpatient ..... ask the longer it's going to take
    No dude, we don't ask for the simple deadlines "when version xx is out", we ask for a roadmap that is not the same like you said if you knows.

Leave a comment:

• DelphiVillage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Because we want to keep our business with Jelsoft. If company x has a suite of applications that we need to build our build our community, then we would switch over and I doubt we would be interested in switching back to vbulletin later on when they release their products/add-on's. If we had a better idea of what to expect and a general idea of when, we may decide to hang on and wait. So forget user reasons, this would be good business sense considering jelsoft is now in the position of playing catch up.

Dont take my comments the wrong way, I'm a loyal user and I love the product but I can't help but acknowledge how far other products have come in the last 2 years.
    100% Agree

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Because we want to keep our business with Jelsoft. If company x has a suite of applications that we need to build our build our community, then we would switch over and I doubt we would be interested in switching back to vbulletin later on when they release their products/add-on's. If we had a better idea of what to expect and a general idea of when, we may decide to hang on and wait. So forget user reasons, this would be good business sense considering jelsoft is now in the position of playing catch up.

Dont take my comments the wrong way, I'm a loyal user and I love the product but I can't help but acknowledge how far other products have come in the last 2 years.
    Yeah I second that but lots of companies release a rough roap map as shown on previous pages in this thread .

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X