Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Social Networking Add-on

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin Social Networking Add-on

    Ok, sooner or later we gotta put our footdown and ask what the hell is going on with it, this for me is that time.

    What is going on with this add-on? There has been talk about it for a few months now. Is there not ANY screenshot of ANY part of it? Or was it just something to post about as far as new ideas for add-ons?

    The only reason I'm continuing to pay each year is simply because of this add-on, otherwise I would have stopped being a current whatever a few months ago before 3.6.7 came out. I paid once it was announced and it's been a few months and I want to see SOMETHING.

    I don't like holding out for very long. I'm counting on this add-on to help ME get my site active with a fresh start and become a big social networking website like MySpace, Friendster, etc.

    I want SOMETHING.
    sigpic

  • #2
    i just found this:

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...8&d=1183554188

    if that is what it will be, then i will no longer be a paying customer because that is not much different than what we have now, or could have now with a couple of hacks installed.

    BLEH!!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      It was announced that social networking will be part of vBulletin 3.7.

      Re screenshot: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=21
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

      Please don't contact me per PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        so what is he saying?

        i want a current screenshot please, i think it would help us all decide and possibly even spark a new fire or interest in the product....esp. me.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry, we don't have any current screenshots. You'll just have to wait
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

          Please don't contact me per PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            which means, in other words, IT DOESN'T EXIST but is purely an idea that might be jotted down on a notepad somewhere... if it existed, or was being worked on, it'd be possible to get a screenshot.
            Last edited by seangworld; Fri 5th Oct '07, 2:41am. Reason: spelling
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe its just me, but it seems somewhat over the top for an Admin of a site whose stats at the moment are listed as:

              Threads: 59, Posts: 89, Members: 7, Active Members: 2

              Top Poster: seangworld 79

              Regards,
              Slappy

              Comment


              • #8
                what does that have to do with the topic?
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slappy View Post
                  Maybe its just me, but it seems somewhat over the top for an Admin of a site whose stats at the moment are listed as:

                  Threads: 59, Posts: 89, Members: 7, Active Members: 2

                  Top Poster: seangworld 79

                  Regards,
                  and since when are stats important ? if you are a leased customer and i'm an owned customer does that mean i'm more important then you are ? No it isn't it doesn't work that way so if your board stats are bigger then *anyone¨'s* board it'syour right to be proud of it but don't feel like god either....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This was not a comment on the "importance" of the poster, or his site.

                    It was merely a comment "on the apparent anger associated with it" when the OP's Board has apparently already been open for more than a year and almost all of the posts have been his own. This simply suggests that perhaps the issue might not be as simple as a "social networking plug-in" not yet being available.

                    Regards,
                    Last edited by slappy; Fri 5th Oct '07, 5:37am.
                    Slappy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      fyi, ive been a vbulletin owner since jan. 2002 and have redone my site over and over again, so much so that my friends & acquaintances dont bother to reregister anymore. what i want is to have the SN, restart my site on a new domain, and get it going for good....that is...if the SN is even worth waiting for.

                      as far as myself having the majority of the posts, you have to post on your own forum if you expect anyone else to. nobody's gonna waste their time registering and then posting on a forum that has no activity, right?
                      Last edited by seangworld; Fri 5th Oct '07, 3:47am. Reason: spelling & added more
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Again, I will attempt to make clear that I have NO criticism of your site or your hopes and/or dreams for where it, or future iterations of it, might go. This, however, is the "Site Feedback Forum" which is denoted as the place if one has:

                        "some feedback on the design of the site? Want something added to the vBulletin online manual? Post it here!"

                        There is also a "vBulletin Suggestions and Feedback Forum" where they ask:

                        "Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to vBulletin"

                        But again, my comment was directed to the apparent anger and method of expression of your desire to have a social networking plug-in when it appears that there are other issues affecting the success and/or non-success of your current and/or now disclosed former Forums, unrelated to a social networking plug-in.

                        For example, you might have simply stated you wanted to built your vision of a social-networking site and were anxious to get it started and that you needed to know when vBulletin's version of the plug-in might be ready and available and that you needed some more details of its proposed features, because if it was not to be available soon and/or if its proposed feature list was not going to be sufficient for your needs and/or to your liking, you would have to go in a different direction and that you needed to make that informed decision before your current license expired.

                        You chose a different path, which is your option, but one which, under the circumstances apparant from what you had posted and the current status of your site, appeared to me "seems somewhat over the top." This was intended to simply convey that it seemed to go beyond what was apparently justified and/or necessary, based upon the information you provided from which to evaluate the circumstances and manner in which you voiced your complaints.

                        Regards,
                        Last edited by slappy; Fri 5th Oct '07, 6:39am.
                        Slappy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by seangworld View Post
                          which means, in other words, IT DOESN'T EXIST but is purely an idea that might be jotted down on a notepad somewhere... if it existed, or was being worked on, it'd be possible to get a screenshot.
                          Style is the last thing to get done in a product, usually. What currently exists can be considered rough around the edges and may change drastically before the final release of 3.7.

                          There are also other features getting worked on, you'll see what its going to look like when we're comfortable with the feature set.
                          Scott MacVicar

                          My Blog | Twitter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            @Seang: This is all you'll get:
                            Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                            You'll just have to wait
                            It sucks, but that's the way it is. The alternative (according to the developers, and judging by other companies, they do have a point there) would be empty promises on both features and deadlines.
                            MovieGod.de - Wer mit Popcorn schmeißt, fliegt raus.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by slappy View Post
                              Again, I will attempt to make clear that I have NO criticism of your site or your hopes and/or dreams for where it, or future iterations of it, might go. This, however, is the "Site Feedback Forum" which is denoted as the place if one has:

                              "some feedback on the design of the site? Want something added to the vBulletin online manual? Post it here!"

                              There is also a "vBulletin Suggestions and Feedback Forum" where they ask:

                              "Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to vBulletin"

                              But again, my comment was directed to the apparent anger and method of expression of your desire to have a social networking plug-in when it appears that there are other issues affecting the success and/or non-success of your current and/or now disclosed former Forums, unrelated to a social networking plug-in.

                              For example, you might have simply stated you wanted to built your vision of a social-networking site and were anxious to get it started and that you needed to know when vBulletin's version of the plug-in might be ready and available and that you needed some more details of its proposed features, because if it was not to be available soon and/or if its proposed feature list was not going to be sufficient for your needs and/or to your liking, you would have to go in a different direction and that you needed to make that informed decision before your current license expired.

                              You chose a different path, which is your option, but one which, under the circumstances apparant from what you had posted and the current status of your site, appeared to me "seems somewhat over the top." This was intended to simply convey that it seemed to go beyond what was apparently justified and/or necessary, based upon the information you provided from which to evaluate the circumstances and manner in which you voiced your complaints.

                              Regards,

                              Look, Mr-I-wanna-be-all-wordy-trying-to-make-myself-appear-intelligent, you misunderstand the use of this forum as it pertains to the site feedback of 'vbulletin.com' which i am clearly giving as the proposed idea of an SN in developement is/will be part of vbulletin.com. This is not about feedback on MY forum or site.

                              Thanks, to the others, for your comments.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X