vBulletin Social Networking Add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seangworld View Post
    if the vb SN thing is disappointing, i will be closing down my vb for good.
    I doubt it will be as they have been coding it for so long. You don't seem to have any faith with the developers here at vBulletin. Whenever jelsoft tries to do something, they do it properly (ie the plugin manager / hook system). Obviously whatever is missing in the actual SN, people will be coding plugins to extend it further anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
      Whenever jelsoft tries to do something, they do it properly (ie the plugin manager / hook system). Obviously whatever is missing in the actual SN, people will be coding plugins to extend it further anyway.
      Agreed, I am ready for xmas.

Comment

I doubt it will be as they have been coding it for so long. You don't seem to have any faith with the developers here at vBulletin. Whenever jelsoft tries to do something, they do it properly (ie the plugin manager / hook system). Obviously whatever is missing in the actual SN, people will be coding plugins to extend it further anyway.
        I agree as well.

Comment

I think its a matter of days before we see 3.7 .
          I hope not, I don't really need a load of forum work before christmas, I'd sooner it wait until the new year.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
            I hope not, I don't really need a load of forum work before christmas, I'd sooner it wait until the new year.
            According to the posts from Kier and Freddie, it looks like it will be beta/rc this year, and maybe gold next year.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
              We don't force people to upgrade, you can wait until any date that suits you to upgrade your forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                We don't force people to upgrade, you can wait until any date that suits you to upgrade your forums.
                I think he's referring to vb.org which he will have to upgrade asap.
                $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                  I think he's referring to vb.org which he will have to upgrade asap.
                  Why?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    Why?
                    lol exactly. why must you upgrade ASAP??? wait until you have the time.

i have this feeling it will be a thanksgiving present. *crosses fingers*

IM OFF THAT DAY AND HAVE NO FAMILY TO SPEND THANKSGIVING DAY WITH. SO PLEASE GIMME IT! lmfao.

also, im a disabled army veteran and yet still serving.
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess this SN will be incorporated and will be out very soon, if nothing pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Why?
                        Because vb.org is the second official vBulletin website. It will be a shame if it hasn't been upgraded in a few days after the release.
                        $post[signature]

Comment

but this is no reason to wait with the release

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                            Because vb.org is the second official vBulletin website. It will be a shame if it hasn't been upgraded in a few days after the release.
                            Because vBorg is so customized, it wouldn't surprise me if they upgrade in sandbox first, and do upgrade once 3.7.1 comes out. To just name an example of a random option. vBorg runs just fine, and their first priority is probably updating the forum (note, not upgrading) to support 3.7.x styles, mods, plugins, options, search, etc. Anyway, it's not important, since it is up to the staff of vBorg to decide what to do when. And if they don't want to do this during holiday season, or Valentine or Eastern .. they can wait a few days Right now we don't even know the release date

Comment

vB org always takes a while to upgrade to new major versions because of how customized it is which is fair enough really.

Comment

Floris you talk about 3.7.1 - just wait until the first threads are going to be posted with topics like "When 3.7.1. will be released?" , "I can't wait any longer", "Jelsoft s&&!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X