• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by ricerice View Post
    seangworld,

i must say there has been far too much secrecy for this to fail. i expect it to come out very soon and make all my days of coming to this board looking for updates to be deserved. if not i will probably be following you.
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    vBulletin never discloses upcoming features or release dates. Using the word secrecy is overkill.
    It seems secrecy is the appopriate word after all. It's not like Jelsoft is known to be forthcoming with real information. If we break a few arms, all we get is a hew veiled hints, if that.

Leave a comment:

• alme
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    I agree, here's a partial detail.

The release date is:
    Maybe Wayne could tell us the next part in this sentence?

Leave a comment:

• Freezerator
    replied
    Rofl

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by seangworld View Post
    i dont think anyone said anything about releasing 'full' details but at least 'partial' details...
    I agree, here's a partial detail.

The release date is:

Leave a comment:

• seangworld
    replied
    i dont think anyone said anything about releasing 'full' details but at least 'partial' details...

Leave a comment:

• Chazel
    replied
    My apologies, I meant to say before 2008.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
    Maybe it's just be, but I wouldn't hold anything against a staff member who released what was planned in the next release.
    You might not hold it against us but the number of staff members authorized to release full details is less than the number of fingers on your right hand. Others would be at risk of losing their jobs due to agreements signed.

Leave a comment:

• seangworld
    replied
    nobody said that it would be released in the next few days. i just said that i was HOPING we'd have it by thanksgiving day.

Leave a comment:

• Chazel
    replied
    I'm relieved that 3.7 is going to be released in a few days, especially since it won't be must strain on the 44 members I have to update.

One thing that I still don't understand is vBulletin's secrecy (yes, I said it) to their planned features. Maybe it's just be, but I wouldn't hold anything against a staff member who released what was planned in the next release. I was quite shocked that we were even told that it would be released before 2008, and it was obvious that the complaining went down a noticeable amount.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Floris you talk about 3.7.1 - just wait until the first threads are going to be posted with topics like "When 3.7.1. will be released?" , "I can't wait any longer", "Jelsoft s§&§&!"

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    vB org always takes a while to upgrade to new major versions because of how customized it is which is fair enough really.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
    Because vb.org is the second official vBulletin website. It will be a shame if it hasn't been upgraded in a few days after the release.
    Because vBorg is so customized, it wouldn't surprise me if they upgrade in sandbox first, and do upgrade once 3.7.1 comes out. To just name an example of a random option. vBorg runs just fine, and their first priority is probably updating the forum (note, not upgrading) to support 3.7.x styles, mods, plugins, options, search, etc. Anyway, it's not important, since it is up to the staff of vBorg to decide what to do when. And if they don't want to do this during holiday season, or Valentine or Eastern .. they can wait a few days Right now we don't even know the release date

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    but this is no reason to wait with the release

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Why?
    Because vb.org is the second official vBulletin website. It will be a shame if it hasn't been upgraded in a few days after the release.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    I guess this SN will be incorporated and will be out very soon, if nothing pops up.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X