vBulletin Social Networking Add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
    Style is the last thing to get done in a product, usually. What currently exists can be considered rough around the edges and may change drastically before the final release of 3.7.

There are also other features getting worked on, you'll see what its going to look like when we're comfortable with the feature set.
    Theres the best answer you will ever get .

Comment

Sorry you feel that way about it Sean. Actually being intelligent permits one to comment in a "thoughtful" manner, without rancor or peak. It also permits one to live with the simple fact that not "everyone" will "get it" or choose to follow that path.

Regards,
      Last edited by slappy; Fri 5th Oct '07, 3:12pm.
      Slappy

Comment

Originally posted by slappy View Post
        This was not a comment on the "importance" of the poster, or his site.

It was merely a comment "on the apparent anger associated with it" when the OP's Board has apparently already been open for more than a year and almost all of the posts have been his own. This simply suggests that perhaps the issue might not be as simple as a "social networking plug-in" not yet being available.

Regards,
        Seangworld asked a valid question, all he wanted to see was a couple of screen-shots, that some SN features are being worked on and have been added to vB 3.7 as work in progress. So he knows, like he said. It's not just something thats been mentioned in an announcement as being done. When nothing has accually been done. Where a couple of months down the line now, so really I would have thought this could be shown in the form of some screenies like he asked.

Not much to ask really, only takes a minute to do using a program like HyperSnap for example. And refusing to do so, just adds fuel to the fire thats it just a pie in the sky idea still.

Personally I'm not bothered about the SN in vB 3.7 myself as a side note, and would much sooner see thr WC3 Validation problem sorted first.
        Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 7th Oct '07, 5:22am.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          Seangworld asked a valid question, all he wanted to see was a couple of screen-shots, that some SN features are being worked on and have been added to vB 3.7 as work in progress. So he knows, like he said. It's not just something thats been mentioned in an announcement as being done. When nothing has accually been done. Where a couple of months down the line now, so really I would have thought this could be shown in the form of some screenies like he asked.

Not much to ask really, only takes a minute to do using a program like HyperSnap for example. And refusing to do so, just adds fuel to the fire thats it just a pie in the sky idea still.

Personally I'm not bothered about the SN in vB 3.7 myself as a side note, and would much sooner see thr WC3 Validation problem sorted first.
          They cannot release screenshots until the product is basically complete feature wise and design wise (even for the SN part). Theres no point showing everyone what it looks like and changing it in a few weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post

The w3 valdation is a _minor_ issue, its not going to stop sites from working.

Comment

oooooooooooooook so I get the feeling that 3.7 and SN isn't coming out anytime soon. This being the case, I almost wish they would have left it with the blog.
              Peggy
              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                oooooooooooooook so I get the feeling that 3.7 and SN isn't coming out anytime soon. This being the case, I almost wish they would have left it with the blog.
                Eh, then we'd still be waiting for the blog.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                  Eh, then we'd still be waiting for the blog.
                  true, but either wait it's going to be long :P

Comment

Even if it gets released tomorrow then people will complain it is too late by 5 hours, or "it's already evening here".

Honestly, just wait for the announcement. It will be out when it's ready and working.

Comment

Just a quick question as I plan to customize some templates based on user profiles.

Will the way we call user profile from the templates change? Will the current user profile be scrapped and rewritten using a different structure?

And yes, it is almost afternoon here. Evening s coming soon and still no 3.7

I am very much looking forward to the SN functions of VB...so anything I can do to speed things up, lemme know. Beer? Food?

Comment

Originally posted by amnesia623 View Post
                        Will the way we call user profile from the templates change? Will the current user profile be scrapped and rewritten using a different structure?
                        Can't say yet. An announcement will be made when we are ready.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It is not going to be something simular to what ipb has right now, as that looks just bad the way it is set up.

Does anyone have a link to what SN is, cause I am starting to think it is just a myspace thing or what has been done in vBulletin.org for a hack.
                          Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Fri 12th Oct '07, 3:50pm. Reason: Did not finish sentence

Comment

I am sure wikipedia and other online sites have good definitions of what a social networking product / site is.

Comment

So it is going to be something simular to myspace page or much better. I have been reading and could not understand if they are just links to other sites or something else.

I lost a bit of intrest for the use of just a blog, but will not add multiple scripts just to have basically the same thing.

It just going to pull things from other scripts am I right, then just add the info to your profile or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                                So it is going to be something simular to myspace page or much better. I have been reading and could not understand if they are just links to other sites or something else.

I lost a bit of intrest for the use of just a blog, but will not add multiple scripts just to have basically the same thing.

It just going to pull things from other scripts am I right, then just add the info to your profile or something.
                                Just be patient till we hear more about it in the announcement forum or have a look at IPBs profile.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X