Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    I hate to bother the Developers with Opera browser bugs, as the browser is under 2% usage worldwide. I guess I can wait to see what Opera 9.5 and see if the fixes are made or just wait till this browser is upto 10% usage worldwide.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    And here I am the opposite. I love the new layout. So much that I use a theme to replicate it in Firefox. I never use the menu bar anyway so don't really need it on my screen. I can do everything I want from the context menu or the page menu on my command bar.
    Yeah I prefer IE7 too.

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    I agree

I really like the rendering speed of IE 7.0 first of all. Also the layout is much cleaner then firefox.

I also hate working to get all my styles work corss browser compatability as i mainly use css for my vb themes ( ditch all tables etc.. ) but currently IE 7.0 is way faster and way easier on memory usage then firefox.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by SNN View Post
    IE7 is okay but the new setup is not very familiar to me so I'm sticking with Firefox/IE6
    And here I am the opposite. I love the new layout. So much that I use a theme to replicate it in Firefox. I never use the menu bar anyway so don't really need it on my screen. I can do everything I want from the context menu or the page menu on my command bar.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    IE7 is okay but the new setup is not very familiar to me so I'm sticking with Firefox/IE6

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
    Yes, you should - because I'm using it.
    Same here also, And I know many people who have tried IE7 and reverted back to using IE6.

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    No; but often companies can and will be kind enough to donate supplies aned/or money to people/areas in need.

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
    Not a joke, as I did not place a [ Grin Face smile ] anywhere in my post. Like I said in my post, request Microsoft Corp. to supply your schools & for you in your 'institution' some updated monitors/computers. You do realize that I started this thread and it has been answered, so it is time that it ends, as it seems you do not like anyone giving you helpful ideas.
    Are you expecting Microsoft to update everyone's (in the world) personal computer? and for free?

Here's the 'joke' I was referring to. (^)

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    These stats was NOT from any schools, and NO visitors from any schools.

Why don't you speak in realistic and stop flooding the forum with your ridiculous jokes?
    Not a joke, as I did not place a [ Grin Face smile ] anywhere in my post. Like I said in my post, request Microsoft Corp. to supply your schools & for you in your 'institution' some updated monitors/computers. You do realize that I started this thread and it has been answered, so it is time that it ends, as it seems you do not like anyone giving you helpful ideas.

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    If you think that there's a few people in your region that are still using IE6....
    I don't. In fact, most browsers are still using IE 6 (and even a small percentage on IE 5!).

Ask Bill Gates to supply new computer equipment for all schools in your area. Our family, relatives & friends made a request to Microsoft and receive new monitors & cps from micro. corp. a few years back.
    Wow, I would never have thought to do that. Congratulations on the gifts.

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Why ?

I'm quite happy using IE6 at home (and don't have a choice at work).

I have IE7 on one PC (kids) and frankly its layout is horrible.
    I hate IE 7's layout too. Plus, there are still numerous bugs and a lack of features in there, which I (hopelessly) hope will be fixed. I just hate IE in general.

I think some of you took my remark too seriously. It's just a major pain to work around browser-specific bugs. By "move on," I meant moving onto something better like Firefox or Opera. I didn't mean to offend anyone. This is just my perspective from the webmaster side. If I never had to work with HTML/CSS/JS/etc. I would probably not care much and still be using IE myself.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by chewbacca View Post
    Thank you. People should move on.
    Why ?

I'm quite happy using IE6 at home (and don't have a choice at work).

I have IE7 on one PC (kids) and frankly its layout is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Ask Bill Gates to supply new computer equipment for all schools in your area. Our family, relatives & friends made a request to Microsoft and receive new monitors & cps from micro. corp. a few years back.
    These stats was NOT from any schools, and NO visitors from any schools.

Why don't you speak in realistic and stop flooding the forum with your ridiculous jokes?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    If you think that there's a few people in your region that are still using IE6, the situation is completely different in my region (middle-east) according to daily visitors to one of my pages:

Also 800x600 news if you're intersted:

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
    There are... IE 6 bugs we're going to refuse to fix....
    Thank you. People should move on.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X