Browser Rendering Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Rendering Bugs

Do I need to report these for Internet Explorer 6.0, as by next year browser usage should drop below 15%. I do not see the point in reporting simple things like margin spacing.

I say you should. People that are less tech will never go for vista as they will need a new PC which they won't need until the current one breaks down so they will stick to IE6. I do think you should report it .

Comment

There are a few IE 6 bugs we're going to refuse to fix, mainly those that occur under obscure circumstances. The reason is that we don't want to be stuck in the past trying to support an obscure browser.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

And it exist some browsers using the IE engine if you can't upgrade to IE7 or don't want to use an other browser

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

People can use the stand alone version of Internet Explorer 7 and it seem to work on older computer without any trouble, as I already installed this on my brother's computer. I still have IE3 on one of my computers, but it is good viewing archive page and useless to browse any sites with image tags.

Your computer has to be made pre windows for not to be able to install Internet Explorer 7. I see it on Windows 98, but the stand alone version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
            Do I need to report these for Internet Explorer 6.0, as by next year browser usage should drop below 15%. I do not see the point in reporting simple things like margin spacing.
            Yes, you should - because I'm using it.
            $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
              There are... IE 6 bugs we're going to refuse to fix....
              Thank you. People should move on.

Comment

If you think that there's a few people in your region that are still using IE6, the situation is completely different in my region (middle-east) according to daily visitors to one of my pages:

Also 800x600 news if you're intersted:

$post[signature]

Comment

Ask Bill Gates to supply new computer equipment for all schools in your area. Our family, relatives & friends made a request to Microsoft and receive new monitors & cps from micro. corp. a few years back.

Comment

Ask Bill Gates to supply new computer equipment for all schools in your area. Our family, relatives & friends made a request to Microsoft and receive new monitors & cps from micro. corp. a few years back.
                    These stats was NOT from any schools, and NO visitors from any schools.

Why don't you speak in realistic and stop flooding the forum with your ridiculous jokes?
                    $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by chewbacca View Post
                      Thank you. People should move on.
                      Why ?

I'm quite happy using IE6 at home (and don't have a choice at work).

I have IE7 on one PC (kids) and frankly its layout is horrible.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                        If you think that there's a few people in your region that are still using IE6....
                        I don't. In fact, most browsers are still using IE 6 (and even a small percentage on IE 5!).

Wow, I would never have thought to do that. Congratulations on the gifts.

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                        Why ?

I'm quite happy using IE6 at home (and don't have a choice at work).

I have IE7 on one PC (kids) and frankly its layout is horrible.
                        I hate IE 7's layout too. Plus, there are still numerous bugs and a lack of features in there, which I (hopelessly) hope will be fixed. I just hate IE in general.

I think some of you took my remark too seriously. It's just a major pain to work around browser-specific bugs. By "move on," I meant moving onto something better like Firefox or Opera. I didn't mean to offend anyone. This is just my perspective from the webmaster side. If I never had to work with HTML/CSS/JS/etc. I would probably not care much and still be using IE myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                          These stats was NOT from any schools, and NO visitors from any schools.

Why don't you speak in realistic and stop flooding the forum with your ridiculous jokes?
                          Not a joke, as I did not place a [ Grin Face smile ] anywhere in my post. Like I said in my post, request Microsoft Corp. to supply your schools & for you in your 'institution' some updated monitors/computers. You do realize that I started this thread and it has been answered, so it is time that it ends, as it seems you do not like anyone giving you helpful ideas.

Comment

Not a joke, as I did not place a [ Grin Face smile ] anywhere in my post. Like I said in my post, request Microsoft Corp. to supply your schools & for you in your 'institution' some updated monitors/computers. You do realize that I started this thread and it has been answered, so it is time that it ends, as it seems you do not like anyone giving you helpful ideas.
                            Are you expecting Microsoft to update everyone's (in the world) personal computer? and for free?

Here's the 'joke' I was referring to. (^)
                            $post[signature]

Comment

No; but often companies can and will be kind enough to donate supplies aned/or money to people/areas in need.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X