Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin doesn't even look at the limit in php.ini. All we use is the limit in the control panel.
    I continually got an error that referenced the limitation in php.ini. We changed the value in php.ini, and the error message referenced the new value in php.ini. We increased the value in php.ini to allow the file upload size we wanted, and were able to upload.

You have a strange definition of coincidence. I have seen numerous posts about this problem, and different speculations about a possible fix, but no definitive answer. In our situation, changing the value in php.ini changes the vBulletin error message, AND fixes the problem.

If this is a coincidence, and is not the true solution, then I would dearly love to hear what the true solution is, because there IS a problem - I have seen too many posts to believe otherwise.

Thanks all of you, for being interested in this problem.
    Brian Cole
    Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

If your error referenced the php.ini file, then it is a PHP error and not a vBulletin error.

Here is the way it works;

vB gets a request to accept an avatar upload. It compares the sizes to the ones set in it's options. If those fail, then it throws up a 'vBulletin Message'. Else it carries on.
      Then PHP checks it against the sizes in PHP.ini. If they fail it shows a PHP error message. If they pass, then it is given back to the script to process.

Comment

JamesUs:

I believe BBInsider makes a valid point. If this happens at least occasionally, even if it is a PHP problem, it is a common PHP problem, and it would be tremendously supportive of the vB community if you could post the PHP fix for this - it may be outside the purview of vB, but it affects many vB users, and if vB (or Jelsoft) or you, can suggest the non-vB PHP fix, that would help many vB users.

Thanks again for the time you have already spent on this.
        Brian Cole
        Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

I am a new user of vBulletin and noticed this exact problem also. I tried changing the size of the pixels and the size of the file in the AdminCP and it still won't allow me to upload the avatar. Do I have to wait for a period of time before attempting the upload? I tried changing the value once temporarily to a larger pixel size and it worked but now it doesn't...
          Dale www.pocketPCpassion.com
          There is time in life for only one true passion...
          what's yours?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X