Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Ticket System

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin Ticket System

    I would prefer if the data that I submit to the vBulletin Ticket System be encrypted, why not have https for connections (rather that http), when we have to send sensitive data e.g.
    In order to help us diagnose the problem, please provide the following information:

    - URL and Login info to your vB Admin CP (with full Admin permissions and English language)
    - Login info to your FTP or telnet/ssh
    - URL and login to your phpMyAdmin and the appropriate database name
    Also it would be nice if you could purge the sensitive data from your servers once the support ticket is closed.

    regards,
    p.
    My Sites :

  • #2
    Thank you for you comments and suggestions I will pass this along to the site development team. https is something that is being looked into.

    Comment


    • #3
      The tickets are blocked by an authcode. And upon request we delete the details from the tickets. I think https would be great.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello,

        I believe the following suggestions should be implemented into the Members' Area:
        • Https should be added to all of the Members' Area to replace the current http. I believe this is the most needed and most important feature for various reasons (mainly for added security, though).
        • There should be fields that can store your AdminCP details and your FTP details to where you can save it and the vBulletin Team can reference it whenever you require support, that way you don't have to keep telling the Support Team in every post.
        • It should show when you last logged in and under what IP address.
        • It should be made easier to get to the Support Form, as currently, I thought the left hand menu where it said "Contact Us" meant to contact the Company and not the Support Form... it should be changed to reflect it accordingly and make it more accurate and understandable for first-time customers.
        • Make it easier to view all your tickets and resolve them if they are finished/completed.
        I would like to see these changes implemented into the Members Area' ASAP and I would like everyone's input on this, as well as the vBulletin Team's input on this as well.

        Thanks!

        Kind Regards,
        Brandon
        Last edited by bmc; Sat 7th Oct '06, 10:44am. Reason: Since I can't post my own thread, I'll post in this my suggestions in this one I guess...
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bmc View Post
          Hello,

          I believe the following suggestions should be implemented into the Members' Area:
          • Https should be added to all of the Members' Area to replace the current http. I believe this is the most needed and most important feature for various reasons (mainly for added security, though).
          • There should be fields that can store your AdminCP details and your FTP details to where you can save it and the vBulletin Team can reference it whenever you require support, that way you don't have to keep telling the Support Team in every post.
          • It should show when you last logged in and under what IP address.
          • It should be made easier to get to the Support Form, as currently, I thought the left hand menu where it said "Contact Us" meant to contact the Company and not the Support Form... it should be changed to reflect it accordingly and make it more accurate and understandable for first-time customers.
          • Make it easier to view all your tickets and resolve them if they are finished/completed.
          I would like to see these changes implemented into the Members Area' ASAP and I would like everyone's input on this, as well as the vBulletin Team's input on this as well.

          Thanks!

          Kind Regards,
          Brandon
          I like.

          All great ideas that would be fantastic if implemented.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Https should be added to all of the Members' Area to replace the current http. I believe this is the most needed and most important feature for various reasons (mainly for added security, though).
            It should show when you last logged in and under what IP address.
            It should be made easier to get to the Support Form, as currently, I thought the left hand menu where it said "Contact Us" meant to contact the Company and not the Support Form... it should be changed to reflect it accordingly and make it more accurate and understandable for first-time customers.
            These are being looked into.
            • There should be fields that can store your AdminCP details and your FTP details to where you can save it and the vBulletin Team can reference it whenever you require support, that way you don't have to keep telling the Support Team in every post.
            This will most likely not be implemented, as a security precaution.
            • Make it easier to view all your tickets and resolve them if they are finished/completed.
            Could you give some more details/examples for this please?
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

            Please don't contact me per PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              These are being looked into.
              • There should be fields that can store your AdminCP details and your FTP details to where you can save it and the vBulletin Team can reference it whenever you require support, that way you don't have to keep telling the Support Team in every post.
              This will most likely not be implemented, as a security precaution.
              That's too bad, as if you got the https secure server on there and don't give your member information out, I don't see what the problem would be in regards to a security precaution.

              Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              • Make it easier to view all your tickets and resolve them if they are finished/completed.
              Could you give some more details/examples for this please?
              I certainly can!

              At IPS, their Client Center is neatly, effectively, and efficiently layed out to easily find all the things you're looking for in a quick, timely manner.

              In regards to what I was saying about the tickets, here are some screenshots to clarify:

              http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2...etview1al5.png

              http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5...etview2rh2.png

              Hope that helps!

              If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
              Last edited by bmc; Thu 12th Oct '06, 3:34pm.
              The Relationship Forum
              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bmc View Post
                That's too bad, as if you got the https secure server on there and don't give your member information out, I don't see what the problem would be in regards to a security precaution.
                The thing is, we'd then have a database table full of very sensitive customer details. While we don't expect this, there's always a chance that someone breaks into our admin backend or database, and having that information collected nicely in one database table is not a responsability we want to take upon ourselves.

                Originally posted by bmc View Post
                I certainly can!

                At IPS, their Client Center is neatly, effectively, and efficiently layed out to easily find all the things you're looking for in a quick, timely manner.

                In regards to what I was saying about the tickets, here are some screenshots to clarify:

                http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2...etview1al5.png

                http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5...etview2rh2.png

                Hope that helps!

                If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
                Our ticket system currently only differentiates between open and closed tickets. We could differentiate between those two states, but something like in the screenshots would require a rewrite of our ticket system, so it won't happen immediately. We'll take it under consideration when next updating the ticket system though.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

                Please don't contact me per PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What we do need (regardless of how others have it btw) is our ticket history more organized. They're just a list of text titles. Knowing which open tickets you have in one block, on top of the closed ones would be nice.

                  For those who don't know where to find their list of tickets. Go into the members' area, from the left menu click on 'contact us', the bottom of the page will list the history of your tickets.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    What we do need (regardless of how others have it btw) is our ticket history more organized. They're just a list of text titles. Knowing which open tickets you have in one block, on top of the closed ones would be nice.

                    For those who don't know where to find their list of tickets. Go into the members' area, from the left menu click on 'contact us', the bottom of the page will list the history of your tickets.
                    I definitely agree, and can't believe I didn't suggest that!

                    The ticket history needs to be on its own page or way more organized than how it currently is, as it's very confusing for new customers ( I was confused until I found it, and it took me a while to find it and then some more time to figure out that that list was my ticket history ).

                    Having it in different categories is a must ( open, closed/resolved, awaiting customer response, escalated ).
                    The Relationship Forum
                    The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      For those who don't know where to find their list of tickets. Go into the members' area, from the left menu click on 'contact us', the bottom of the page will list the history of your tickets.
                      Is there any way we can delete old resolved support tickets?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No you can not delete old tickets.
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can request your private data to be removed from a ticket at any time. Just start a new support ticket.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Some changes have been applied now, and are live.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh, I was going to post about that now

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X