Manual Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Problems

This image in the manual is "Not Found".....

http://files.vbulletin.com/doc_image...tstoretype.png

That's on this manual page.....

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/userpics_db2fs

There's a 'bad grammar' typo on that page, too. It says, "The path to the directory where you images will be store."

Actually, I sorta like that but I guess you might want to fix it.

You should be your a few times, and store should be stored a few times.

I've updated the typing errors, but don't have time to look into the images.

Comment

Actually the CHM downloadable file is too way outdated than the online manual. I really wish if someone takes the time to update it as it's much more practical for many users.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

I think it's updated at bigger releases. I could imagine that Kier will update it for 3.6
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yep, the chm is rebuild after a stable release.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
            I think it's updated at bigger releases. I could imagine that Kier will update it for 3.6
            Any ETA on this?

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Yep, the chm is rebuild after a stable release.
            Thanks. I always prefer CHM files over other kind of documentation downloads, wether here or on other sites (PHP manual to name one). I find info are easier to find using the built-in serach engine, & then I can bookmark the entry or add comments to it.

Ufortunately, it's always outdated in comparison with other documentations although I can't understand what makes it harder to update than a PDF for example?!
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
              Ufortunately, it's always outdated in comparison with other documentations although I can't understand what makes it harder to update than a PDF for example?!
              The CHM compiler is run manually on Kier's machine. It is not created automatically on the server. Whereas with the online version, any staff member can access it, add to it (including entire sections), fix errors and such and it becomes available the second we save.

PDF takes time as well. The entire contents of the manual have to be downloaded, formatted, paged and then a PDF version can be created.
              Last edited by Floris; Mon 10 Jul '06, 1:00am.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X