My vBulletin Testimonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vBulletin Testimonial

I will be submitting this to the main site, but thought I would post it here as well

----------------------------

One of my biggest concerns when it came to deciding whether to take my forum from the free, remotely hosted, ProBoards software to vBulletin was the expense, I was worried I wasn't going to see that much difference for my money, a forum is a forum, right?

Think again. The vBulletin demo was fabulous, really gave me the chance to explore all the capabilities of vBulletin and it was then I realised that vB was the way to go.

For something so feature rich, it is incredibly user friendly, it did take me a few days to find my way around the Admin Panel but now I have no problems with it at all, and the longer you use it for more amazed you become at all the capabilities of this amazing software. I love it, my users love it, and I couldn't dream of moving away from it.

The best feature of all is the plugin manager, adding new features to your board is an absolute doddle, just download one of the many plugins from vB.Org, upload it, make a few template changes and your away, in most cases it takes less than 10 minutes to install even the most comprehensive of modifcations, something you would have to work for hours to achieve on the likes of phpBB, and the plug in manager also makes upgrading far easier.

And the support is unparralled. Steve Machol and co. usually have your problems solved in under half an hour, and that doesn't include just the most trivial of problems, if you a newbie and worried you won't be able to work the software they will help you every step of the way, there is nothing to worry about.

If you want an extremely powerful, well supported, easy to use customizable forum, vBulletin is without doubt the way to go. You won't regret a single penny you spend. The market leader for a reason.

--------------------------------

I know it's a bit long-winded. I just love vB

Thank you for your feedback Rob, it's very much appreciated

Comment

Nice feedback, thanks!

Comment

Agreed!

I totally agree with you on this one! Hear it from me: I had a freebee for about 2 weeks and decided it wasn't for me. It was annoying having a url that was an ad more for them than myself, and secondly I was put on a horrible server that had way too much down time. The demo convinced me to! Also I moderated a vBulletin forum, that too made me want to get my own. It's quite user friendly!

Comment

Cool, nice to hear you tried some stuff out and ended up with vBulletin

Comment

I to started out life at proboards, i then upgraded to Invisionfree and well they just don't offer as much as vBulletin. i'd been on some big vB boards before and again moderated a few and it was great for user friendlyness, i couldn't fault it apart from the confusing words that i'd not know what they meant until i became better aquanted with them. one of my many ambitions was to own a vBulletin and start my own community and viewing the demos and reading about vB on the support forums got me even more excited so i just HAD to get one, i suppose i was worried about the costs but you get what you pay for right? and vB was definetly worth the 106 i spent on an Owned license and i will never regret it. i've recomened vB to a few of my friends and they love it. its by far the best software package out their. and even IPB doesn't come close and thats very popular.
            Colin F is my hero!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X