Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the policies at vb.org are decided in private, by a staff which includes members who publically state views that are anathema to the proper operation of the site, and a "special group" of self-appointed elite members, no other recourse is available. I'm sorry you don't like it, and truth to tell I don't either. I don't enjoy being a "troublemaker".

Your answers to the "same questions" have evolved to their current form; you've back-pedaled, and modified, and adjusted until you came up with "oh, but that townhall thread/poll about keeping the coder's discussion private isn't the REAL town-hall thread/poll...". Please. If you cannot take the correct action here, then someone at Jelsoft needs to step in.
    Thomas D. Greer
    www.tgreer.com/printforum

Comment

They are actually improving day by day.
      Introducing teams etc is making the place a better place however its the members that dont help much. Here you get help easily by forum members, over there you are nearly always ignored if you need help with a hack or code or something not made etc.

Comment

i have to agree with tgreer 100% in each and every sentiment he's made thus far. bravo to you sir for bringing this to light!

Comment

Thank you. I haven't heard any response from Jelsoft, however.

Could someone from Jelsoft kindly elaborate on Kier's initial response? What specific steps are being taken to address the issues raised here?

The only response from the .org administration is a generic "TownHall" thread which doesn't address any of the specific issues raised.
          Thomas D. Greer

Comment

The chosen steps are still being worked on, that is why there has been no announcements from this side.

Comment

Fair enough... I was very impressed by your straightforward replies to some of the accusations being thrown about there about Jelsoft "stealing" hacker-code. While I have zero confidence remaining in any of the .org staff, I'm genuinely hopeful that someone here will take ownership of those problems and take specific, concrete steps to correct them, and so will give you the benefit of the doubt in that regard.
              Last edited by tgreer; Tue 20th Jun '06, 7:54am.
              Thomas D. Greer

Comment

I would ask that you accelerate your timeframe for addressing these issues. According to a PM from Marco, I will no longer be allowed by him to keep "disrupting the board". It was an "official warning". It's clear that not only is the current administration there capable of handling things, they are also incapable of taking any criticism. All I've done is ask that certain issues be addressed, and the result is to be threatened. If I were the only one who felt this way, I could almost understand this response. As it is, it's just further evidence of how completely messed up the situtation there has become.
                Thomas D. Greer

Comment

We are looking into the issues. Thank you for your concerns.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X