This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand....vBcast

Me and few coders from several vBulletin communities decided that it would be great to have a podcast dedicated to vBulletin software which would feature discussions about the software along with interviews ect. So we went through all the work of producing the show only to have it deleted when we tried to release it here. The reason given was that advertising isnt allowed here. Now I can understand that rule as no one likes spammers, however that rule didnt apply to us. We are making no money and do not even have a site besides the link where the file is hosted. There is no ads in the vBcast. It is no different then theadminzone interviews posted here.

If I made a software and some fans made a podcast show dedicated about it in a positive way, I would welcome it.

So can someone from the staff here please clarify why I can not share the podcast here?
    Last edited by corriewf; Tue 28 Feb '06, 10:20am.

I'll have a quick check on your behalf and find out why.

Update: Steve, asking now.

Undeleted, Steve was mistaken about what it was.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks Scott!

May your fridge be full of Mountain Dews! lol

Comment

It's still an advertisement, free or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          It's still an advertisement, free or not.
          How so? Its about vBulletin related material and thats it. We have no site as of yet ( might have one for feedback later ) with no ads ect.....

Comment

I don't understand how this would be considered advertising. Thought this would be something the vBulletin community would enjoy to hear.
            Ken Iovino
            Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

Posting the same thread over multiple forums including my personal ones looks like a specific effort to advertise something new. That's why, but no worries. Steve OKayed it, I just give my 2c.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                Posting the same thread over multiple forums including my personal ones looks like a specific effort to advertise something new. That's why, but no worries. Steve OKayed it, I just give my 2c.
                I can understand that viewpoint, no doubt. The only reason we did that was because of how disected the community is right now. One of our goals with this podcast is to try and bring the communities together. The only way we can achieve this is by getting it out there. It's a lot of work on our end to keep up with all the boards. Its kind of driving me nuts at the moment but whatever is best will be done.

Comment

That argument goes for everybody who wants to promote a product, promote their web site or service.

A link in your signature to your vBCast without making it an advertisement would have been good enough for the communities you participate.

How to promote what you do is a tricky question for everybody. The above signature example is one. Adding a web site for the vBCast is another, and adding the links to google is yet another example. Or to *cast directories.. places where this is meant to be for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X