X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piracy - does anyone care?

Hi Y'all,

I have a fully licensed and paid for board.
    A rival web hosting company, running a non-licensed board (cracked version) has been trying to challange my board, and consistently runs a hacked version.
    I've tried to report it several times, but no one responds.
    Is there anyone who cares?

Probably not, lawsuits are expensive in this day and age and even harder to co-ordinate
    Luke
    Cheap Web Hosting

Comment

Grundy, do you know the inner workings of our piracy department?

I'd suggest you know before you speak esp about such things of a sensitive nature.

The answer is yes of coarse we care, however we are a small company and enforcing our copyrights can be hard esp in countries who do not care.

If you have reported them we are taking action to try to fix the situation, sometimes it takes more than a few days to make contact with the host, data center, upstream provider to ensure a site gets shut down.

You have to remember we are not Microsoft, and we cannot press a button to close sites, as much as we wish we could

Comment

Why not put an AUTO EMAILING SCRIPT into the next release of Vbulletin Zack that emails you the server info,etc (w/o the admin knowing)

That way if someone tries to run it w/o consent (w/o giving you guys $$$) you will know exactly where its located .. At least you would know where the copies were that arent paid for (Would be easier getting rid of them OR getting $$$ for thier copies)

If anyone puts up a fuss about this,you could simply say "This is our s/w,we are trying to keep track of our software"

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanInNY
          Hi Y'all,

I have a fully licensed and paid for board.
          A rival web hosting company, running a non-licensed board (cracked version) has been trying to challange my board, and consistently runs a hacked version.
          I've tried to report it several times, but no one responds.
          Is there anyone who cares?
          Hi

Please contact me by PM or [email protected] as I would like to know more about the issue and if it is just held up in my pending list.

I will at least be able to give it some immediate personal attention if that is all that is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateReports
            Hi

Please contact me by PM or [email protected] as I would like to know more about the issue and if it is just held up in my pending list.

I will at least be able to give it some immediate personal attention if that is all that is needed.
            **** you Howard. You are the lowest scum on this earth.

Trust me people, I have dealt with this guy and know exactly how he operates. There was some issues with my liscense a few years ago and instead of trying to correct the problem.. he just sends a threating legal email to my webhost ordering them to shut down my website immediately.

Luckly my webhost was in Austrilia and told him to piss off. The problem has since been fixed... but this guy is as low as they come. He must get paid by how many sites he gets shut down.
            Last edited by cyr0n_k0r; Sat 4 Mar '06, 9:51pm.

Comment

Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r

Trust me people, I have dealt with this guy and know exactly how he operates. There was some issues with my liscense a few years ago and instead of trying to correct the problem.. he just sends a threating legal email to my webhost ordering them to shut down my website immediately.

Luckly my webhost was in Austrilia and told him to piss off. The problem has since been fixed... but this guy is as low as they come. He must get paid by how many sites he gets shut down.
              I think from the tone of your post that everyone will be able to draw their own conclusions about you and if they have ever visited your site that conclusion will be proven totally correct.

You breached the licensing agreement and then posted inflamatory remarks about vB software on your site despite continuing to use it yourself, and I forced you to remove them. I note you still hold a grudge at least 12 months later but that's fine with me. My client asked me to rectify the situation and I did to your obvious dismay.

I will have nothing further to add on this matter which may well be deleted in any event. I don't mind either way as "trolls" are a fact of forum life.

Comment

Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
                This is your only warning. If you post anything like this again on our forums, you will lose your posting privileges.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X