Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrispadfield
    replied
    that is probably partly a piracy thing. There are a lot of people here, say people could set their own username or their own password, someone is bound to set it as their own username at their site or their username at the forums and perhaps even a password that is guessable or they have used somewhere else. either way, someone with a bit of time could probably go through a few members and find out the password quickly enough.

But for vb.org perhaps this could be done, for the real member's area, i doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• jpetrovs
    replied
    Yeah that would definitely solve the problem.
    Except for the original question. It is a real pain to dig out that info every time you want to get into the members area. I too would like the option to have a user id and password that I can remember.

Leave a comment:

• jojo85
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    perhaps have a completly seperate members area at vbulletin.org but it still requires the username and password for acceess.

i) not owned by vbulletin
    ii) not the member's area

perhaps that solves both the problems?
    Good idea

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Yeah that would definitely solve the problem.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    perhaps have a completly seperate members area at vbulletin.org but it still requires the username and password for acceess.

i) not owned by vbulletin
    ii) not the member's area

perhaps that solves both the problems?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    I think that could get them in serious legal trouble from a couple aspects. First, if someone uploads a copyrighted file, although this could easily be rectified by using a moderation period before the file is made available (much as the Attachment que works here).

The other possible problem is people assuming that Jelsoft supports these scripts. You can have as many disclaimers as you want, people won't read them. Half the people who ran vB2 beta didn't seem to understand what beta meant, no matter what it said in the member's area.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    on the subject of the member's area, the ability for other registerde users to upload files that any one could then download would be pretty useful...

Leave a comment:

• Wally Hartshorn
    started a topic Interface to Members-only Area

Interface to Members-only Area

Now that vB 2.0 final has been released, is there any chance you guys can make the access to the members-only area a bit easier? Having to find the e-mail that contains my license number and password every time in order to login is a bit tedious. Any chance it could be made a bit slicker (like login by e-mail address and a password we choose, rather than the long string of random digits)?

(Yeah, I know. whine whine whine)
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X