• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange character in who is online member

Hi sir.

I have a forum with vBulletin build 3.5.3

I dont know if this phenomena looks like normal or not
    any way , I noticed that when I am visiting specific website ( only that site ) , a strange charachter to some (not all ) members appears.
    in addition to , it happenned with explorer but not in firefox or mozilla browser.
    Knowng that , when I cleared the temp. files , cookies , etc...
    it disappeared totally,
    but if I returned again to those specific webpages that does not belong to my forum , these characters appears again in my forum ??
    Finally :- I should not mention this b/c I think it might misslead you & just in case it might be valuable to you to know that those pages from other site belongs to someone who was my partner (i.e an admin with full access to Cpanel to my forum ) in the past but not any more now .
    so, plz. exclude last info if it is not valuable to you .

will you please take alook to the pic. I attached &if any clue about what is happening I would appreciate it .

best regrds.

oops , I missed one last thing
    it happened when I am logged in not when I logged out
    Attached Files
    Last edited by carabelli; Thu 16th Feb '06, 10:26pm.

It is simply the '|' character that is used to space usernames. Nothing wrong with that.
    John

Comment

What's the URL to your forum so we can see it first hand?
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

My Forum is

Code:
        http://eqla3.com/vb

and the other webpage I ment is

whis is closed now & redirected to other subdomain of the same site
        but
        it still present in archive.org (i.e wayback machine )

actully my concern is why not all members shows the '|' character
        why some shows such character while others dont ?
        is it normal .

thanx in advance

Comment

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X