just a suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a suggestion

in the next/later coming soon vb version i would like to have somekind of visual/graphical upgrade... something that makes it stands out at first glace!

new visual interface or something... what do you guys think?

vBulletin 4.0

Oh, but it'll take years

Comment

Nice suggestion maybe VB team make it

Comment

Our upgrades are visual.

Instead of giving you a list in a .txt file with queries to run and conditions to check we provide you with a graphical user interface that narrows it down for the customer to simply click [next] until it is done. Taking away all the hard work for 99% through a GUI

Comment

That having said, I think the current theme for the upgrade/install is good enough as it isn't used on a daily basis by the majority of the customers. A new design might be nice but extra work - it is up to them to include it

Here's an example of a new install style that I made which you can already use in 3.5.3 if you want
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Floris; Mon 6th Feb '06, 5:29am.

Comment

I like that
            Ken Iovino
            Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

well im not just talking about visual upgrade in the upgrade/install page... im talking about the whole baord itself... something that looks totally different from VBulletin... it's like you can't even tell if it's VBulletin until you take a look the the bottom copyright/lisence...

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                Here's an example of a new install style that I made which you can already use in 3.5.3 if you want
                Looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ThorstenA
                  Looks nice!
                  tnx .. its using the vb acp manual style and trebuchet as font. 2 line changes

Comment

Originally posted by Si-fer
                    well im not just talking about visual upgrade in the upgrade/install page... im talking about the whole baord itself... something that looks totally different from VBulletin... it's like you can't even tell if it's VBulletin until you take a look the the bottom copyright/lisence...
                    You're telling us the vBulletin logo in the upper left hand corner isn't a big enough giveaway? hmmmm...I'm not sure how else you can advertise its vBulletin during install/upgrade short of playing a vBulletin Theme Song..
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Now there's a suggestion.. if I upgrade a 5 million post forum it can take a while. Running nice mp3's or podcasts in the back through an integrated vB Jukebox .. ...

Comment

Working...
                      X