X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin-turkiye.org ???

Today i just realized that there is a site named vbulletin-turkiye.org
    this site claims that they are official Turkish vbulletin support site. I never heard vbulletin opened this site or this site is related to vbulletin.

Also in this site they are releasing vbulletin modifications and styles. There is a style I made also avaible over there but i never give them permission to do. This site download all the styles from vbulletin-styles.com and now they are releasing the styles in their board. I am not sure if it is legal or not but this site disturbed me a lot.

Is it possible to get information about this sites legal status ? Has a partnership with vbulletin.com or not etc..

Edit : This site is also releasing modifications from vbulletin.org
    Last edited by Lizard King; Sat 5th Nov '05, 5:27am.

This site isn't legal vbulletin support website.

Comment

Dear Lizard King and neuromancer11;

Please print this page for your records.
      Order ID: DXXXXXXXXXX2
      Purchaser:
      Erdim Özdemir <[email protected]>
      Koprubası caddesi karahan iş mer
      xxxxxxxx/xxxxx, turkey xxxxx-turkey
      Item Cost
      Product 1: vBulletin (Leased License) $XXX.00
      Total: $XXX.00

Payment Instructions
      Important: Please ensure that you include the order number DXXXXXXXXXX2, your name and your email address in the wire transfer instructions or message area. Without these details, we will be unable to match your payment to your order.
      We will not be responsible for any bank fees associated with this payment. These fees are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
      Please allow 3 business days for our bank to notify us of your payment. Once we have received and processed your payment, you will receive your vBulletin product information via email.
      If you have any questions about your order, please contact our sales team at [email protected] quoting your order number.
      Wire Details Account Name: Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
      Account Number: 81252194
      Bank Name: HSBC plc
      Bank Address: 25 High Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1LN, UK
      Bank ABA routing number: 404702
      Bank SWIFT number: MIDLGB22
      IBAN Number: GB16MIDL40470281252194
      Account Contact Address: Jelsoft Enterprises Limited, PO Box 8005, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire, RG31 6ZR UK

These instructions have been emailed to you as well.

sevgili Lizard King;
      Biz vbulletin-turkiye.org ve vbulletin-turkiye.net olarak sitemizi aktif hale getirmeden önce [email protected] mail adresi ile istişarede bulunduk.
      Karşılıklı görüşmelerden sonra aldığımız karar doğrultusunda sitemiz aktif hale getirdik.
      Bu siteyi kötü emellerinize alet etmeyiniz.

---------------------------------------------------------------
      Real this illegal web pages www.vbulletin-turkiye.com
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You may legally own the vBulletin software, but they are saying that you are not an Official vBulletin Support Site.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by detcomputer
          Dear Lizard King and neuromancer11;
          The site may legally own a licence, but what about this ?

Originally posted by Lizard King
          Also in this site they are releasing vbulletin modifications and styles. There is a style I made also avaible over there but i never give them permission to do. This site download all the styles from vbulletin-styles.com and now they are releasing the styles in their board.

Edit : This site is also releasing modifications from vbulletin.org
          If this is true (I can't read Turkish, so I have no idea) then it most certainly is not legal.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King
            Today i just realized that there is a site named vbulletin-turkiye.org
            this site claims that they are official Turkish vbulletin support site. I never heard vbulletin opened this site or this site is related to vbulletin.
            There is no Official Turkish Support Site. If this site is releasing vBulletin add-ons from vBulletin.org or this site they are doing so illegally unless written permission from the add-on creaters has been received by them.

This site is in no way associated with Jelsoft Enterprises Limited and one should be cautious in using them for any support purposes.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Mmmmmm, if there getting stuff from vB.org like skins and hacks and acting as a vBulletin support site for Turkish users sharing them. Does that not void there license because there sharing stuff on another site taken from vB.org and sharing it openly to none vB license owners?

I'm curious because technically vB.org do not own the hacks unless they created them themselves, the people who created them own them. But then you could argue that unless they have copyrighted the hacks (there is little can be said to stop them sharing them on another site) legally. And seeing as vB.org is not an official vBulletin site either. I don't see how vBulletin can get involved.

Because technically there not sharing anything illegal (morally yes),. And there not sharing a download a person owns the copyrights too. Unless that person went out his way to copyright his skin or a hack. Which is most unlikely for a FREE hack advertised on vB.org.

As far as acting as a Turkish vB users support site goes. Well again you could agrue that seeing as vBulletin don't offer Turkish language support here and there are no other offical Turkish vBulletin sites. Why should he not do what he's done in offerening a site for Turkish vBulletin users seeing as vBulletin are not prepared to do it themselves.

All I'm trying to say is this is a funny one to judge really either way.

Anyway he spelt Turkey wrong
              turkiye
              Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 7th Nov '05, 10:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
                I'm curious because technically vB.org do not own the hacks unless they created them themselves, the people who created them own them. But then you could argue that unless they have copyrighted the hacks (there is little can be said to stop them sharing them on another site) legally. And seeing as vB.org is not an official vBulletin site either. I don't see how vBulletin can get involved.
                Actually in most countries, including Turkey since they signed the Berne Convention Accords, copyright is immediate and automatic. You do not need to do anything to receive it except create a work and put it in a published and reproductive form.

This applies to the UK and the US as well as 160 other countries.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

This is not a place for asking vBulletin license or not so i am not the person who can ask if you have a license or not. If i get suspicious from someone then i go and report as piracy after that Jellsoft can take in charge.

I was asking if it is Jellsoft's legal site or not and i saw that it is not. I am just trying to find out whats going on. Also i have a concern which you make everyone to download the modifications. Modifications are made just for licensed owners.

Originally posted by Paul M
                  The site may legally own a licence, but what about this ?

If this is true (I can't read Turkish, so I have no idea) then it most certainly is not legal.
                  I have no problem with the site. I just found out the site yesterday and i wondered get a membership and start to check out. After i figured all the skins from vbulletin-styles.com . I just want to check the legal status with Jellsoft and i have another concern which is explained below.

Members who have visited the forum
                  Dynamic Announcements: Programmable Forum Home Announcement/Message with conditionals
                  Top 'X' Stats by InfiniteWebby
                  examples can go on.

This is my main concern because even it is not good there are a lot of nulled versions of vBulletin running in Turkey and if they can download the modifications also i'll fell myself stupid for paying the license every year. I am doing the right thing but sites like this are taking all the advantages i have against unlicensed users

Comment

Well said Wayne... and for anyone else wanting to find out more about this... have a look here http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/...e/t_agm2_e.htm
                    John

Comment

dear vbulletin family
                      Erdim Özdemir
                      Sep 16th '05 11:58am
                      dear vbulletin family
                      i got new domain address (www.vbulletin-turkiye.org)
                      i want to make a vb turkish support forum which is in my new license address (which was i got new one).
                      Also i want to use my address which is i gave to you during my application process.
                      www.digitalturkler.org and www.vbulletin-turkiye.org in these address can i use same software with same license ?
                      thank you.
                      your sincerely.
                      detcomputer
                      ----------------------------------------------------------
                      Steve Machol
                      Sep 16th '05 12:48pm
                      Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain with one set of vB database tables. As per the license agreement:
                      "vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."
                      You can view the license agreement here:
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
                      All the best,
                      Steve Machol
                      Customer Support Manager, vBulletin
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/
                      mailto:[email protected]
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      Erdim Özdemir
                      Sep 17th '05 12:26pm
                      i got your e-mail. thank you for your interest.i know; the using of license twise is prohibited.
                      we want to create support service just for turkey if you can give a permission for using license at twice in one domain.
                      if it is possble.
                      we are waiting your help about this subject.
                      your sicerely.
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      detcomputer

Steve Machol
                      Sep 17th '05 01:20pm
                      Thank you but we cannot sanction a support forum nor donate a second license for this.
                      All the best,
                      Steve Machol

----------------------------------------------------------

Erdim Özdemir
                      Sep 17th '05 11:09am
                      i got your e-mail. thank you for your interest.i know; the using of license twise is prohibited.
                      we want to create support service just for turkey if you can give a permission for using license at twice in one domain.
                      if it is possble.
                      we are waiting your help about this subject.
                      your sicerely.
                      detcomputer
                      -----------------------------------------------------
                      Steve Machol
                      Sep 17th '05 02:05pm
                      Thank you but we are not going to authorize this.
                      All the best,
                      Steve Machol

Steve Machol and detcomputer dialogue. (Special Thanks S.Machol)

Excuse me! I can't speak english.

e-mail:
                      [email protected] & org & net
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]^

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X