This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying signature

Perhaps the Powers That Be can edit this user's signature?
    (Or at least kindly request the user to change it themselves.)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=80025

It's clearly way too big (as I recall there were certain guidelines concerning signatures, can't seem to find them now though) and very distracting. And it seems to be in every thread I click on, too...

Now that I think about it, it'd be nice to have a "report user" option, like we have for reporting posts.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I've gotten so used to simply skipping over those posts.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

I do not believe the signature is specificly breaking any of the rules.

Comment

I believe it does.

It states in the forum rules (which I have finally managed to find, yay for me):

* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
          * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
          While this particular signature contains an image that indeed does not violate rule #2, it does contain very large, obtrusive text. Larger than size 2 for sure.
          Last edited by Marco; Sat 30th Jul '05, 3:12pm.

Comment

But it is an image, and it does comply to the image restrictions no?

Comment

I believe the rules can be amended so that you can not bypass the text rule by utilizing an image.

Comment

So large text isn't allowed, but if I use an image with large text on it, it's okay?
                That's some flawed logic...

Edit-- Freddie seems to understand what I mean. Thanks.

Comment

It breaks this rule:

Explicit advertising and solicitating in sigs is also prohibited.
                  The rule has also been updated to take into consideration people who try to use images to bypass the text size restrictions.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X