In-depth vB information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-depth vB information

It would be nice if some section in the site could include a history page, like past vbulletin layouts of the site and vbulletins actual history on how it was made, including information on how staff joined. i remember i posted something like this before, decided to post again to see if it would work, it would be nice though since the new 3.5 comming out an all..........

There are a couple of threads floating around about that.

Generally though, John and James created a PHP/MySQL board (or maybe it was a hack, dunno for sure), and offered it to infopop. They didn't want it, so Jelsoft Enterprises was born (standing for James esomething Limm ). in April 2000 or so.

Comment

James Edward Limm I think.

And actually, Jelsoft is already older than that, it was founded before vBulletin came around.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yeah, but vBulletin is their only product, isn't it?

Comment

I've wondered that, but never really thought of asking.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
            Yeah, but vBulletin is their only product, isn't it?
            At this time.. Before vBulletin, Jelsoft had some Visual Basic programming utilities for sale and operated a rather large community dedicated to Visual Basic. Those properties were sold a couple of years ago as vBulletin became the dedication.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ah, thank you Floris. Really useful.
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Thankyou for floris. Does James Linn ever come on the board and post?

Comment

James is more involved with the business side of Jelsoft, so the forum isn't essential for his work.
                  Additionally, since Ashley is here to support him, he seems to be around even less
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

[Interview] Kier Darby of vBulletin
                    [Interview] John Percival of vBulletin

Comment

James probably does pop in from time to time. Just that he tends to "lurk" more or post in the staff forums. .
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Cool I think the vbulletin should still put some information on its site rather than having sitepoint have it! We should ask him our own questions. Id personally like to see vbulletin make a "thankyou thankyou" thread simaler to phpbb.com forums have so we can thank all who work on vbulletin

Comment

We have a sticky testimonial thread in one of the forums where you can show your gratitude of the software to the company.

Comment

What about an interview with you, Floris?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X