Presales forum restriction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presales forum restriction.

Ok, I'm as guilty as many here are, but shouldn't you fix the permissions such that only unlicensed users and mods can post in "Presales". It doesn't make any sense for those of use who've purchased and registered ourselves as licensed to be posting there, even if we know the answer to a question.
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

It has come to my mind various times to request this with the staff myself. But I also find quite a few solid arguments why we shouldn't restrict it.

For example, if a licensed member can answer a question correctly .. and the staff is not online .. that licensed member actually helps us with a potential customer.

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to say - I understand my English is a bit weird right now, it is very late for me hehe)

But why I would agree to your suggestion is when someone thinks he or she knows the answer and posts potentially incorrect information. Or simply participates in a conversation where the thread of the conversation is really about the pre-sales question, and not about indepth discussions about any particular subject.

As it is not up to me to seriously consider this standpoint: This post is my personal opinion as a customer and not as a staff member.

Comment

I disagree. What if a potential client would like feedback/testimonals from a current vBulletin owner? We wouldn't be able to post such valuable feedback.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I'm of both minds myself. On the one hand, I've been here a year and can answer some things, but on the other, I don't represent vBulletin and the prospective client might think I am, missinterpret my post and get mad. Maybe a partial restriction? Say those who've been here x time advance to another usergroup who also has permissions to post there? I dunno, it's a toughie.

Comment

Why can't you just minimize that forums using that built-in "hide/show" feature and move on if it bothers you?

Nothing is making yo go an post in there. Just leave it as it is, and if you can help, great, if you can't, move one. I like the way it is now. =/
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Hehe. It's not bothering me per se. I'm perfectly capable of not posting. I just thought others may have had the same thoughts and wanted to put it on the table. It's not my forum so they can run it how they wish. I'm not trying to impose, only suggest.

Comment

Just exercise a bit of self-control and don't post there

I like hanging around there and helping customers. This give at least the staff a bit of a break over sales related issues and they can focus on the current customer base better in terms of support.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I think if there was a restriction, it would cause a consternation among some of the existing clientelle who enjoy helping out in that sub-forum. One idea, maybe existing customers can put in the post somewhere "I'm just a client, not staff."
                Kim

Comment

This would go along the lines of a thought I head, where customers would be in their own usergroup that we could see.

Maybe having our names in a different color, or something to show who are customers and who are not through out posts. That was customers can see who other customers are, and should anyone ask for help, we could see if they are a customer themselves or not. Just think it would make things easier in that respect.

Comment

The staff wouldn't do that though, which is why we can't see if people posting are licensed or not .

Comment

I think it is better to let registered users post in that forum. Because like Floris said, we can help the newbies too when the vB Staff aren't available...
                      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                        I think if there was a restriction, it would cause a consternation among some of the existing clientelle who enjoy helping out in that sub-forum. One idea, maybe existing customers can put in the post somewhere "I'm just a client, not staff."
                        That statement wouldn't be 100% true. A lot of the staff you see today were actually at one point clients themselves . Many today are still clients

Comment

If I am unsure of an answer I simply do not respond

Satan

Comment

That was probably thought of. Other then the license verification mod, I think they want to keep this forum as close to the "factory" default settings as possible.

Originally posted by Onimua
                            This would go along the lines of a thought I head, where customers would be in their own usergroup that we could see.

Maybe having our names in a different color, or something to show who are customers and who are not through out posts. That was customers can see who other customers are, and should anyone ask for help, we could see if they are a customer themselves or not. Just think it would make things easier in that respect.
                            Kim

Comment

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                              That was probably thought of. Other then the license verification mod, I think they want to keep this forum as close to the "factory" default settings as possible.
                              What better way then to use a customer usergroup?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X