PNG Thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNG Thumbnails

Is the PNG thumbnail problem on this server going to get fixed sometime?

It should already be fixed... isn't it?

Comment

What is the problem? This is a png:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	3666690

Are you referring to the misleading error message about being unable to resize the image? That needs to be changed since resizing of the actual image is not attempted but it shares the same error message that avatars/profile pictures use, which are resized.

Comment

Ah. Well, I guess I'll have to take this to vB.org again, since they aren't working over there and last time I brought it up, they said it was a fault with the server.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
          Ah. Well, I guess I'll have to take this to vB.org again, since they aren't working over there and last time I brought it up, they said it was a fault with the server.
          You should have been more clear with the problem. PNG thumbnails with GD are broken on this server. I have no interest in fixing it because it gives me a broken installation to try workarounds for. To fix it, the PNG libraries probably need to be updated and PHP rebuilt.

.. but we have ImageMagick installed and that works with PNG. Tell vb.org to change the image library to ImageMagick if you need png thumbnails.

Comment

Will do once they get to 3.5

Comment