Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions

Hi,

I have an idea which is to have paid subscriptions setup on this forum. I mean why not? People would join it and it would bring in extra cash for Jelsoft, so I don't see why not. Yes, it is a customer support forum, but there are many people on this forum who spend most of their days on here and those are the people who'd be most interested. Obviously it'd be good for them to have a unique colour, as well as a few extra features. If you guys did this, it'd also show potential customers what vBulletin is capable of. Sure, they can always test it on the demo forum, but they may not know what it is - so having it in action on this forum would show it off more.

Just a suggestion.

What would we offer though this paid subscription though?

Comment

MORE money to pay?! Money is the reason why I'm not using vBulletin! Because I have to PAY! If it was free, I'd have used it a lot already, becuase this is the coolest forum provider EVER!

(Sorry if for a bit there, I was like a *****, but I was also serious. AND, I'm in a rather bad mood right now.)

Comment

vBulletin was designed to be commercial, it's always been commercial, and it's always going to be commercial.

The fact that it costs money is why it's so great.

Comment

Well, if it's ment to be comercial, then I can understand. But if it was just some random guy trying to rip us off by making us pay to use these forums, that I just wouldn't understand at ALL. Thank you for explaning to me why we have to pay to use it. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDestiny
            Well, if it's ment to be comercial, then I can understand. But if it was just some random guy trying to rip us off by making us pay to use these forums, that I just wouldn't understand at ALL. Thank you for explaning to me why we have to pay to use it. ^_^
            If they had paid subscriptions, it'd be a service and that's what people would be paying for. Of course, it would be 100% their choice if they want to join it on not. So calling it a "rip off" is a bit....
            I have paid subscriptions on my forum. Why? Because without it, we wouldn't be able to afford to run the forum. Why should the forum owner pay all of the costs for owning a forum when he/she is not the only one who uses it? Paid Subscriptions is just a good way of providing extra features for your members and earning some cash at the same time. - For some forums, that cash is vital.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X