General Complaint Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Complaint Thread

I just paid for an owned license of vB, and the download link's down, with a simple white html page that says so. It doesn't give a reason why it's down. Nope, it just say, "link down". I've been looking into getting a license for a while, and during about a 1-week period of time, I've experienced 3 down-time periods where for a substantial amount of time, the web site has simply 404'd at the home page.

So now, I finally get here when the site's actually up and drop my last paycheck on a license...and the download's down. At first, I heard from a lot of people that the vB software was the best out there. I believe that, but I'm starting to disbelieve that Jelsoft has any clue how to professionally run a web server.

Maybe I just came in at a very bad time; maybe this is the first time something like this has happened. But Jelsoft—you guys need to realize that experiences like that give end users a very bad first impression of the professionality of your company. And you can start by providing information where it is needed—such as why the download to the software that you obtain all of your customers with is down. I'm willing to be as patient as you want with the download. I just want to know why!

(I'm just trying to help!)

Originally posted by Antisheep
    I just paid for an owned license of vB, and the download link's down, with a simple white html page that says so. It doesn't give a reason why it's down. Nope, it just say, "link down". I've been looking into getting a license for a while, and during about a 1-week period of time, I've experienced 3 down-time periods where for a substantial amount of time, the web site has simply 404'd at the home page.

So now, I finally get here when the site's actually up and drop my last paycheck on a license...and the download's down. At first, I heard from a lot of people that the vB software was the best out there. I believe that, but I'm starting to disbelieve that Jelsoft has any clue how to professionally run a web server.

Maybe I just came in at a very bad time; maybe this is the first time something like this has happened. But Jelsoft—you guys need to realize that experiences like that give end users a very bad first impression of the professionality of your company. And you can start by providing information where it is needed—such as why the download to the software that you obtain all of your customers with is down. I'm willing to be as patient as you want with the download. I just want to know why!

(I'm just trying to help!)
    It goes down alot around these times, last I heard they were having hardware issues with their servers

I can't be happier myself with Jelsoft though

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
      It goes down alot around these times, last I heard they were having hardware issues with their servers

I can't be happier myself with Jelsoft though
      But do you realize what I mean? It's a pretty bad first impression...

Comment

Fair complaint. This has really been a pretty crazy week here.

The download should be backup very shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Antisheep
          But do you realize what I mean? It's a pretty bad first impression...
          Yes I do, but I know they are working on it to try to fix it. I know how hard it is to have issues with servers so I understand what they are going through trying to fix this.

I do understand where you are coming from however

Comment

Hey Sheep:

I think Jelsoft is just a victim of poor server setup by the server owners. Before coming to these servers, Jelsoft had virtually no downtime. The servers are still being maintained by the same teams of people who maintained the older server.

I know it is frustrating, but I'm asking for your complete patience here and trust that Jelsoft is doing everything it can to get back on its feet.

I've been a customer for about a little more than a year now, and I've been through server outages, network nightmwares, and DDoS attacks here at vBulletin.com/.org ever since becoming customer. It's been annoying at times, but regardless, Jelsoft has always pulled through for us as customers and has always done its best at keeping the server online despite everything that's thrown at them.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Working...
            X