VBulletin Admin Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin Admin Demo

Let us have our admin demos PERMANENTLY!
    That way, if we mess up our own we can ask VBulletin very nicely to reset it for us.

And can we have a PROPER login screen - i hate that popup one which comes with Windows XP computers!!

Like the one you see on www.digiverse.net on their webmail.

If we set up an admin demo, we should be allowed to have it PRIVATELY, and password-protected, but PERMANENTLY, not for a day or so.

This should be the best thing yet.

Steve Machol, Wayne Luke, take note.

Slick Vic

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for trying it before buying it.

Unfortunatly we can not offer the admin demo as a perm. solution as it is meant to be temporary. Otherwise people will just use it as their forum, instead of buying the software. And it is only meant as a test - to give an impression how it looks like after installation, how it operates, etc.

We are looking forward to your purchase.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback Vic,

However at this time we have no foreseeable plans to allow demos to be setup on a permanent basis, due to abuse, if you need an extension of time you can try contacting [email protected]

The popup login is only there to send you to the correct demo forum, if you check save my password, and dont close the browser window it will not prompt you for it again untill you close the browser window.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Thank you for your feedback Vic,

However at this time we have no foreseeable plans to allow demos to be setup on a permanent basis, due to abuse, if you need an extension of time you can try contacting [email protected]

The popup login is only there to send you to the correct demo forum, if you check save my password, and dont close the browser window it will not prompt you for it again untill you close the browser window.
        Can I have one permanently please - I am always having to set up new accounts and they never last long anyway.

I am trying to learn all I can about VBulletin. I want a test forum simply for testing the purposes of banning users, user titles etc.

Oh, and is this forum using the postbit legacy template???

If you can set up a permanent demo for me that would be great, i dont want to mess up my existing copy (which my friend has).

SD
        x
        Last edited by Skii Donkey; Thu 23rd Dec '04, 7:57am.

Comment

We do not grant permanet demos.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for trying it before buying it.

Unfortunatly we can not offer the admin demo as a perm. solution as it is meant to be temporary. Otherwise people will just use it as their forum, instead of buying the software. And it is only meant as a test - to give an impression how it looks like after installation, how it operates, etc.

We are looking forward to your purchase.
            Can you try the demo more than once.Before I would even consider it, I would like to learn how it functions more and 24 hours isn't really alot of time to learn it.

Comment

Yes, if your first demo expired you can request a new demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Skii Donkey
                Can I have one permanently please - I am always having to set up new accounts and they never last long anyway.

I am trying to learn all I can about VBulletin. I want a test forum simply for testing the purposes of banning users, user titles etc. [...]
                What can you test with a permanent forum that you can't test with a temporary forum?

Comment

Because there is nothing you can test with a trial version that you can't test with the admin demo. And if you are concerned about migrating your data, just ask in this forum.

Comment

Actually, you pay once and the software is yours forever. (owned license)

Comment

And even though vBulletin has a lot of features, I higly doubt that you can't test them all with the temporary demo.

Beats a trial version which you would have to go through a lot of hassle to get it ready and testing first...
                      A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSSJ3
                        And even though vBulletin has a lot of features, I higly doubt that you can't test them all with the temporary demo.

Beats a trial version which you would have to go through a lot of hassle to get it ready and testing first...
                        That isn't the point. None of the features require access for longer then 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Smith
                          Well, Invision Power has free boards, but I think vBulletin is way better. Why not introduce a trial version of vBulletin with a 1000 post limit or something?
                          It would devalue the product.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Well, even if you own vBulletin you may not need to use all features. It's my case, I did not test every features as some are useless for me (I think it's the same for some other members). I thinks it's one good point; as you have a lot of features, you have the choice

After asking for a trial version limited in time, you will ask for a free limited version (free of charge but with less features than the gold one) ? Everything must be paid, I think you shoud be happy Jelsoft made an admin demo.

For Jelsoft staff, why don't you make a 'trial version' limited in time (more than 24 hours) for a little charge (5-10$) ? I don't need it as I have already a owned licence .

Comment

Originally posted by akex054
                              Well, even if you own vBulletin you may not need to use all features. It's my case, I did not test every features as some are useless for me (I think it's the same for some other members). I thinks it's one good point; as you have a lot of features, you have the choice
                              The great thing about vBulletin is that it has all those features, AND they come with options - AND come with settings to turn the features on or off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X