Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTH is this! vbulletin licenses cost WAY more on vb-germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH is this! vbulletin licenses cost WAY more on vb-germany!

Since i dont speak german, I thought I'd post here.

vbcom owned license is $160
    vbger owned license is 167 = $223.71 (current rate)

A $64 difference! Not good business me thinkgs (except for vbger owners , no phun intended)

Sup with that?
    Last edited by Mephisteus; Mon 20th Dec '04, 3:26pm.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Originally posted by DarkSSJ3

A $64 difference! Not good business me thinkgs (except for vbger owners , no phun intended)

Sup with that?
    dat heet nou wisselkoersen. omdat je hier in dollar betaald en daar in euro en de euro nu hoger is kost het daar meer. het is een tijd geweest dat het goedkoper was om bij vb-g.com te kopen dan hier
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

I know that, but this is just ridicoulous... $64 is a lot you know
      A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSSJ3

Sup with that?
        However its very shrewd business sense if u don't cut the price of the software down just because some people think its expensive
        I mean if my product was selling well why on earth would I lower the price ?
        rugs|cheap rugs|modern rugs|shaggy rugs|traditional rugs

Comment

Jelsoft is based in the UK so all monies received by us will end up in GPB. The weak dollar actually hurts as that results in lower GBP when received by the bank in the UK. The value of the USD does not come into play with vB Germany since sales are conducted in EUROS and converted to GPB for Jelsoft's cut.

167 was probably set when it was about equal to $160. So you see that while we continue to receive that value from sales made in EUROS, we now actually receive much less from USD sales, when converted to GBP, than we did when the prices were originally set.

It is a tough task to be an UK company working off of a weak USD.

Comment

At the time of me purchasing my owned license, $160 worked out at about 100.

It's now about 85.

An owned vB license has never been so cheap.!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X