Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a thought to demonstrate vBulletin's standards support...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Given most users couldn't care possibly less about compliance (I am not one of those people) and most don't like footer clutter, I would recommend adding it with an option for showing it disabled by default.
    My suggestion was for the vBulletin website, not for every distribution.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Given most users couldn't care possibly less about compliance (I am not one of those people) and most don't like footer clutter, I would recommend adding it with an option for showing it disabled by default.
    What does it matter for footer clutter if we show this button on the vBulletin.com website? It wasn't suggested to add this to every distribution of vBulletin. At least not the way I read it. Beside each webmaster who wants to add this to their site would have to make sure their own templates validate properly.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    We should indeed put it as a feature on the features page but I dont see the need for it to go on the bottom of every page. I'm pretty sure that the majority of users on "Cuddly Animal X Board" wouldn't know what XHTML.

I'll add it to the features text If i can find my login for the site backend.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    What about Jelsoft's customers, I think they would like to know that vBulletin validates.

Leave a comment:

• okrogius
    replied
    Valid codes in't for showing off to your visitors (unless your target market are savy wembmasters in which case it may make a difference). Practically all users do not care in the slightest over what the code is provides the site loads fast and does something for them.

What it is for is simply loading fast, and being easy to maintain.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Isn't the idea of it to show people that the site validates?

Anyway, I think having one in the footer would be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    No button please...

I removed them from any website i did even though all are valid. A small link is nice but that button is too obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    This button would show that vBulletin is XHTML compliant:

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    I had a plan for the new site to take screenshots of vB3 in
    IE
    Opera
    Mozilla
    Safari

with the various versions to demonstrate the standards.
    I have noticed we dont mention that we're XHTML compliant anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Just a thought to demonstrate vBulletin's standards support...

Have you ever considered having W3 validator button links in the footer? It would demonstrate the vBulletin is standards compliant.

I noticed that other webmasters (well, at least one guy that I know of) feel that vBulletin has a legacy of non-standards compliance which it continues today. This would certainly change that.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X