Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread Notification even when posts are deleted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just a note, the last time I sent you a courtesy PM you chewed me out for daring to contact you and told me never to do it again. Normally I would send a notice explaining why a post was removed, but given your last response it was clear you didn't want this.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It isn't the first time you've had posts deleted for the very same reasons. If you have issues with our moderation, please contact Steve directly.

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    The problem is that some people might have intentionally selected Subscribe to this topic from the drop down rather than selecting it in reply and the automatic removal might not be appreciated.
    I see.

was Steve who deleted it for flaming.
    LOL - thanks for letting me know - can't believe that was viewed as flaming, different culture I guess

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    was Steve who deleted it for flaming.

The problem is that some people might have intentionally selected Subscribe to this topic from the drop down rather than selecting it in reply and the automatic removal might not be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    It's more confusing to have email notifications to threads that you have no posts in and haven't subscribed to imvho.

Anyways about the moderation in these forums . . .

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    When its a mod deleting it I think it should be left since it could cause more confusion if subscriptions just started disappearing.

I'll definately add the option for when a user deletes a post to see if they wish to remove the thread subscription.

Leave a comment:

• DarkDelight.net
    replied
    How about when a post is deleted (by user, mod, or whoever) it looks to see if any other posts by the same user exist in that thread and if the user is subscribed to the thread.

If subscription exists and the action would result in there no longer being any posts by that user in the thread then there could be a prompt asking if that user should also be unsubscribed from the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    We'd have to log what post caused them to subscribe and I dont think there would be a sure way to do it.

I suppose a checkbox could be added to the delete page that says "Delete my subscription too".
    Um - what about when mods delete your posts as in this case?

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    We'd have to log what post caused them to subscribe and I dont think there would be a sure way to do it.

I suppose a checkbox could be added to the delete page that says "Delete my subscription too".

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Yes, you subscribed to the thread when you made a post, youll need to unsubscribe to stop getting the emails.

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    started a topic Thread Notification even when posts are deleted?

Thread Notification even when posts are deleted?

My post in this thread was deleted but I'm still getting email notifications from the thread, is this the designed behaviour?

Oh and it would of been nice to know why the post was deleted.