Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Vbulletin.com sug] : Different styles are not 'complete'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icheb
    replied
    I agree with Tannerman. The style editor already allows for changes like that to other parts of the styles, so why not take it one step further and also apply it to smilies and icons?
    The forum would really look better if you can have smilies in the color of your styles. For an example my default style is blue and black and the smilies look horrible with some other styles.

Leave a comment:

• Tannerman
    replied
    Simple solution... just point your smilies directory to your existing smilies and nothing changes. Same as it is now. For those who have alternate smilies to go with the style, the file directory could point to those. Works for both parties. Everyone is happy. World peace is created (well, maybe not that ).

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Yes but If you dont have a lot of smilies there are a few sites that have ALOT. You dont always have to make new icons for your new styles, it just depends

Leave a comment:

• Tannerman
    replied
    Understandable, I just don't see how that's an issue since with a different style you have to make new buttons and images anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It has been brought up before and the system is intended to work this way IIRC. It would be more hassle if the system did, think of all the smilies and icons you would need to make.

Leave a comment:

• Tannerman
    replied
    The fact that you can't easily have different icons or smilies for a different style. One would think that you could just enter a path into the control panel like you do for other style set graphics.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What issue?

Leave a comment:

• Tannerman
    replied
    Has this issue been added to the requests for future versions yet?

Leave a comment:

• Diva
    replied
    Nevermind... I figured it out.

Leave a comment:

• Diva
    replied
    Hi. I would like to do the same thing here: different smilies for different styles. How exactly do you use the variable?

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    You don't need eval() if you just want to assign a variable, anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    I wouldn't do that.

Make a new replacement variable for each style. Call it {smilies}. Use {smilies} instead of the path to the folder when adding/editing smilies. You could do the same with icons.

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    Wouldnt you be able to change the path with the phpinclude_start template?

Just add something like this...
    eval('$stylevar[imgdir_smilies] = "/forums/images/smilies2";');
    eval('$stylevar[imgdir_buttons] = "/forums/images/buttons2";');

Now you would have to add the var $stylevar[imgdir_smilies] to use as your path for all the smilies.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover
    Yeah.... icons and smilies are an ESSENTIAL part of a style, so I find it strange that those factors are not part of the Style Manager in VB3. Actually the VBulletin.com is a good example on how odd it looks when you don't include specific icons/smilies in styles! See the Style Chooser....
    As a workaround, you could try using replacement variables for icons and smilies

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by vBMechanic
    This is certainly one of the larger 'features' still missing. In order to really complete a style, the icons and smilies should match... however you're forced to use one set globally throughout all styles at the moment.
    Yeah.... icons and smilies are an ESSENTIAL part of a style, so I find it strange that those factors are not part of the Style Manager in VB3. Actually the VBulletin.com is a good example on how odd it looks when you don't include specific icons/smilies in styles! See the Style Chooser....

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X