Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Vbulletin.com sug] : Different styles are not 'complete'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Vbulletin.com sug] : Different styles are not 'complete'?

A question about the Vbulletin.com site itself. Apologies if this has been asked before.

I just tried some different styles overhere by clicking the Quick Style Chooser. I just wanted to see the VB2 Classis style again... so I could get a glimpse of the good old VB2 graphics and smilies. But.... to my surprise only a few of the graphics were changed to their 'Classic' appearance when I chose the 'VBulletin Classic' style.

Why is that? Why do the old smilies etc not appear when I choose this classic style?
    How much do you love XenForo?

There are also broken images on the forum home.

Comment

I've just learned that you can not setup different icons/smilies for different styles, So I guess this is the reason that the icons/smilies are the same for all the styles here.

Strange this.... not be able to setup icons/smilies for different styles. When I read the word 'Style' I expect icons/smilies to be a part of them really.

Comment

What are you talking about? You can have different image paths for each style thus having different icons smilies and buttons.
        eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
        vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
        7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolby
          What are you talking about? You can have different image paths for each style thus having different icons smilies and buttons.
          Somebody recently told me, so I haven't tested this yet for myself. I guess this information is not correct and thus my assumption regarding the Vbulletin.com is also not correct. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Hopefully the 'Classic' style will contain those old icons and smilies at some point in the futurue?

Thanks for your reply,

Comment

Hi Dolby,

Or was I correctly informed after all?!! see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99812

Comment

Dolby, actually you can't. Last time I checked you can't set a different smilie and icon path for each individual style.

Comment

Thanks again, Floris.

Comment

This is certainly one of the larger 'features' still missing. In order to really complete a style, the icons and smilies should match... however you're forced to use one set globally throughout all styles at the moment.

Bad Bunny has a way to set them up per style (replacement codes?) but I haven't seen the method yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vBMechanic
                    This is certainly one of the larger 'features' still missing. In order to really complete a style, the icons and smilies should match... however you're forced to use one set globally throughout all styles at the moment.
                    Yeah.... icons and smilies are an ESSENTIAL part of a style, so I find it strange that those factors are not part of the Style Manager in VB3. Actually the VBulletin.com is a good example on how odd it looks when you don't include specific icons/smilies in styles! See the Style Chooser....

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
                      Yeah.... icons and smilies are an ESSENTIAL part of a style, so I find it strange that those factors are not part of the Style Manager in VB3. Actually the VBulletin.com is a good example on how odd it looks when you don't include specific icons/smilies in styles! See the Style Chooser....
                      As a workaround, you could try using replacement variables for icons and smilies

Comment

Wouldnt you be able to change the path with the phpinclude_start template?

Just add something like this...
                        eval('$stylevar[imgdir_smilies] = "/forums/images/smilies2";');
                        eval('$stylevar[imgdir_buttons] = "/forums/images/buttons2";');

Now you would have to add the var $stylevar[imgdir_smilies] to use as your path for all the smilies.
                        eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
                        vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
                        7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

I wouldn't do that.

Make a new replacement variable for each style. Call it {smilies}. Use {smilies} instead of the path to the folder when adding/editing smilies. You could do the same with icons.

Comment

You don't need eval() if you just want to assign a variable, anyways.

Comment

Hi. I would like to do the same thing here: different smilies for different styles. How exactly do you use the variable?
                              Are We Fighting?
                              Am I Winning?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X