Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hosting Projects and setting privileges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting Projects and setting privileges...

Many of our customers develop software products for communities to use, so we figured it's a no brainer for us to look into getting a project management add on for our forums.

I'm a little confused with the Project Tools plugin though, so I was hoping that somebody could help clear up some questions I had. The Project Tools looks like it covers almost everything that we need in a project management plugin. But, it looks like it is missing two key features:
    • Is there any way that we can set a specific user as an admin for a specific product, giving this person full rights to do anything they need to the page and also giving them the ability to create new projects?
    • How/Where is there a way that the "admin" can upload the project that they are working on, including recent versions? Basically, what I'm looking for here is a style a little more similar to vbulletin.org mod pages, where there is a "Download Now" section giving people who visit the project the ability to download the latest version.

I can't seem to find these options in the manual, video, or anything. Am I just totally misunderstanding the point of project tools?

Could someone please elaborate a little on this topic?

Yes, you can make a new usergroup for these project admins.
    Then go into the project and set the permissions for that custom usergroup.
    To add an admin, then add users to that group (can be a secondary usergroup).

Attachments can be added to a project, in the project description (which only a forum admin has access to btw) you could include a download link)

Or the admin of a project could keep a specific item updated with the latest download version and you as forum admin could just set this description download link to that particular item.

Comment

Awesome Floris, thanks Project Tools looks like it is everything I need. Now I'll have to install it and check it all out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X