Error when installing product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when installing product

It gives me a MySQL error saying max_allowed_packet_size exceeded. It's trying to insert into the datastore a title 'pt_assignable' and whatever that's doing it's trying to put so much data in our database (we have over 200thousand users, and almost a million posts) that it's falling over.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: woops. wrong forum. Can you move this to the project tools forum!
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

200,000 users? you might want to clean some of those out... lol

or you can increase your packet size to allow what you are doing.
    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

I just view your solution in the ticket you had with my client btw Mike. It worked for us, but perhaps it should be fixed to allow this from happening in the future ?

Comment

Furthermore, we get this error:
        Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /project.php on line 1044

Appearing on this page:
        project.php?do=issuelist&projectid=1&issuetypeid=bug

It seems that because I commented out the lines which built all the caches (as per Mikes reccomendation), it hasn't built the version cache. Any ideas Mike?

Comment

Really, as far as I can tell, the only people who should get the assignable permissions are admins and super moderators... I haven't been able to figure out why this has happened to a few people yet.

Regardless, the easiest way to get the version cache to build is to just add and delete one.

Comment

We had no versions, so that'd explain why the cache was empty also

Comment