Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onimua
    replied
    If you look through the main Project Permissions page...

Admin CP > Project Tools > Project Permissions

You'll see two sections for global, or project-specific. In either case, if you look at the options provides once you click [Edit], you'll see the permissions are quite thorough. Apologies if I'm still not understanding you though.

As for the forum thing, yes, you can add them under a forum if they appear on the forum home. Right now it doesn't go under sub-forums though (and this was brought up during the beta as well). When you create a project, you have the option to do so.

EDIT: It should be noted that when you opt to have a project appear on the forum home, depending on where you put it, that project link will automatically assume the permissions for that forum/category. So if you put the project link under a member-only category, it will only appear for members when they're logged in.

Leave a comment:

• Sykoi
    replied
    Originally posted by Onimua View Post
    There's no sub-projects (like sub-forums) if that's what you mean.

Yes, the Project Tools comes with detailed permissions that you can customize to what a usergroup can see and do. You can view more about Project Permissions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/p...ct_permissions
    Thanks for the speedy reply... I updated my post right as you posted that though :P

By sub-forum, I mean - I already have around 100 forums on my board, and I want about 5 of them to have Project areas for users to post bugs... Can I place the project area under each of those forums, or are all the project areas placed in the same place?

And I've already read through the manual, but I'm a bit confused on the permissions... It sounds/looks like users will be able to see the project regardless of what permission you have set, just not what bugs/features/requests are inside it... And that would be very bad for what I need.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    There's no sub-projects (like sub-forums) if that's what you mean.

Yes, the Project Tools comes with detailed permissions that you can customize to what a usergroup can see and do. You can view more about Project Permissions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/p...ct_permissions

Leave a comment:

• Sykoi
    started a topic Hide projects?

Hide projects?

I apologize if this is not in the correct forum, I did not see a forum to post in for Project Tools, for users who have questions before ordering.

I have a few questions:
    1) Can I set new projects up so only certain user groups even know they exist? In other words, like a private forum - you can only see the forum if you can view it.
    2) Going on #1, can I deny a user's ability to view a project, and whats inside it (All of the reports and such)?
    3) Can projects be made as sub-forums? As in, if I wanted to place the project "Project Car" under "Cars and trucks" forum, could I do that, and would the user see it in the same area as the rest of the sub-forums?
    4) Is it possible to hide all tasks, bug reports, and/or feature requests in a certain project by default?

I think that's about it for now.
    Last edited by Sykoi; Mon 2 Jul '07, 6:34pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X