What's the time delay for Blog posts to update RSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the time delay for Blog posts to update RSS

I have the RSS feed of the blogs (all blogs, not individual ones) posting to my twitter account. However, there seems to be a huge delay in the RSS feed showing new posts. At the moment, there's been two new posts done that the RSS feed isn't showing up.

All the blog posts are visable to guests. The front page shows them instantly. But the RSS feed still doesn't show one that I made 4+ hours ago now.

I checked the Scheduled Tasks area, but couldn't see a setting anywhere there. Is there anywhere I can check? Does anyone know how often per day the RSS feed is updated?

If it's showing via an RSS feed on your own site instantly but not on a third party site, then the issue is with them, not your vB Blog.

RSS feeds aren't sent to other places on your own site or other sites - they're pulled in by the site/feed manager.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Nope, doesn't show on the RSS link immediately either, which is why I was asking what the delay to update the RSS feed was...

Comment

Originally posted by original post
        The front page shows them instantly
        So, they're not actually showing instantly on your own site either?

I've just created a blog entry on my site and it showed on blog_external.php instantly. If that's not happening on your site then a modification or incorrect code somewhere is screwing that up.

To fix this, firstly reupload all the blog files in ASCII format overwriting the files that are there. Then re-import the XML file via:

AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Add Product

If this still doesn't work, and you have modifications installed, then you may have to disable all modifications, turning each one back on in turn until you find the one that's causing this.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment