No Blogs Menu in custom style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Blogs Menu in custom style

I'm using the completevb Stormrunner style and after installing vbBlog I notice that the Blogs menu doesn't appear anywhere. I can navigate to the blog if I go to the URL, but ca't get to it any other way. I know the blog is installed correctly, switching to the default style makes everything appear as it should. So I'm just wondering what the code is to insert into my navbar to have it appear.

Thanks.

Try reverting these templates:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Blog Templates -> blog_navbar_link

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Blog Templates -> blog_navbar_link_menu

Comment

That's not really going to help much. Reverting the navbar template I have breaks the layout completely, so that's out. Is it using a hook to place the blog_navbar_link template?

EDIT: After a bit of fiddling, it's now working. The default blog_navbar_link template is expecting to be put into a table. This layout uses list items for the main navigation.

If anyone is using the Stormrunner template and needs to add the blog links, here's the code. This goes into the header template, NOT the navbar template.

Code:
      <!-- Blog Links -->
      <if condition="$show['popups']">
      <li><a id="vbbloglinks" href="blog.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[blogs]</a><script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("vbbloglinks");</script></li>
      </if>
      <!-- / Blog Links -->
      Last edited by Daryn; Sat 7 Feb '09, 4:34pm.

Comment

Me too I was looking for this...

Although in the "Edit Plugin Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid" there is permission check to display or not display the menu.

How can I add this permission check to the code sample provided, only to display the menu when people are allowed to see blogs?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X