Full implementation of vblogs without reverting templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full implementation of vblogs without reverting templates

Reverting templates after installing vblogs removed all my forums modifications for the forum homepage, profiles, and other. To make it short, I restored it from a backup that I had made only a few minutes earlier.

Is there a guidelist of all changes that have to be made to the templates, to make them manually?

No sorry, there is no such guide. You will need to revert your custom templates then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, what about a list of the templates that are actually reverted. Just to save me time.

I suppose that after the revert, the template history will allow me to compare between the reverted version and the version previous to reverting?

Comment

Sorry, there is no list like that available.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Most unfortunate. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by McMendo View Post
            I suppose that after the revert, the template history will allow me to compare between the reverted version and the version previous to reverting?
            To answer myself, NO. The revert actually deletes all history changes.

How am I supposed to re-do those changes, if I cannot compare them?

Now I am restoring (again) from a backup.

Steve, I hope that you will realize of how inconvenient this is being. There has to be a way to actually know which template changes are done by vblog, so that I can do them by hand since there is no reasonable way to do them otherwise.

Comment

You could compare the default 3.6.8 templates to your custom ones and make the changes yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X