SEO: blog title as blog url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO: blog title as blog url

This is/was a feature in the [defunct] vblogetin, that instead of the username, the blog title was used for the user's blog url.

So a blog with the title "The Big Blog Job" would appear with a url like domain.com/blogs/thebigblogjob/ or the-big-blog-job, etc.

Any chance that this can be done in vblog?

Users sometimes change their usernames and this would allow to have a 'fix' url. Also, to allow certain users to create more than one blog would be very useful. Ideally created by an admin, or else based on usergroup permissions.

I'm using vbseo 3.1.0.

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Clearly any function that is not in the code, requires code modification.

Comment

Being a little bit patient might help.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=21

Comment

That doesn't address the questions here:
          • a user can create more than 1 blog
          • the blog's url filename is taken from the blog's title, instead of the user's username
          Say I want to have three blogs for myself. One where to log my trips and assorted travelling, one where to log my cooking recipes and related stuff, and one to ***** against my government and the EU policies.

I don't need/have to make entries every single day, or even every week. So I can maintain as many as I want/need.

The only solution to this at present is to open 3 different accounts in the forums, say username-travel-log, username-cooking-recipes and username-politics-suck, and log-out/log-in everytime. Not very appealing.

The only decent alternative that I see right now is to have vbulletin's blogs as an add-on as a playground for users, and install a blogs software like wordpress or b2evolution on another subdomain, for more serious bloggers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X