New install not working ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New install not working ?

I installed Blog v1.0.3 today (a new install - not an upgrade).

Followed the instructions, installed the xml file, and I was able to see the blog settings in the vBulletin Options area (I had to do the old trick of refreshing one of the phrases before some of the text showed up).

But I don't see anything else - no menu options for Blogs in the navbar (I assume it is supposed to show up automatically ??), and no permission options for blogs in the usergroup settings.

If I visit /forums/blog.php on my server, I get redirected back to my forum home page.

Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong ? I've tried re-uploading the files, but it didn't help. I've also tried re-installing the xml, but no change.

This is most likely due to custom templates. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, but that didn't help.

Given that I can't see any configuration options for blogs in the usergroup settings - I would have thought there was an installation issue ?

Comment

If you do not see Blog permissions in the Usegroup settings, then this means you have not installed the Blog correctly.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have the same problem.

The manual just says import the file and you are done.

What else needs to be done to get it working?
          Domain Name Forum

Comment

You also have to upload all the Blog files to the appropriate directories.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay - I did a fresh install on one of my other sites and it worked ... more importantly I saw it do something the other install didn't - when importing the xml, after it had finished, it refreshed the page - which it didn't do on my first site.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled on my first site, and now is working as expected - thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X