All comments are not displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All comments are not displayed

I haven't made any changes to the blog script but when I checked this morning, comments on the blog index page are down to 3 (from 15). And when you click on Find More... then Display All comments, only 3 are displayed. The comments still exist on individual blogs but it's kind of weird that suddenly only 3 get displayed on All Comments page -
    Last edited by Topmedic; Wed 31st Oct '07, 8:00pm. Reason: link removed

You only have 3 blogs and 5 total entries that are viewable to guests.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      You only have 3 blogs and 5 total entries that are viewable to guests.
      Hi Steve. I am talking about the comments, not blogs or entries. If I display all comments, should all comments be displayed, not just 3 (regardless of how many your entries are) ?

Comment

The entries include all comments.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, I'll just ask my question in a different way. Currently, I have 7 blog entries and 14 comments on those entries. All the blog entries are displayed on the blog index page (see image) while there are only 3 comments displayed on the comments box. How can I display more than 3 in the Recent Comments box? (Or does it purge after a certain number of days? I swear there were more than 3 there yesterday. I have a total of 14 comments and you could still see them in their respective blogs).
          Attached Files

Comment

Older comments are not displayed. I am going to add an option to a future version to allow admins to change the timespan for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
              Older comments are not displayed. I am going to add an option to a future version to allow admins to change the timespan for this.
              Thanks Freddie.

I'd think if it's Display All Comments, it should display all comments, or at least an option for Admins to enter the number of comments they want displayed, with a page break option.

Also, I'd like to control the number of recent entries and the no. of comments displayed on the blog index page. Right now, there is no admin option for that. And if this is not too much to ask, I'd like to see Latest Entry added to the Featured Blog aside from Random Entry and Specific Entry. Just suggestions, of course.

Looking forward to the next version.

Thanks.

Comment