Profile pic visible in blog listing page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile pic visible in blog listing page

We restrict Profile pics to be visible only to users who have Profile pics up themselves. If you don't show yourself, you see no one else. Cool

But on the random blog page the profile pic is visible for everyone. When I log out, I can still see my profile pic there.
    When I click the pic I get a no permission message. When I click the blog, I get the blog page showing my avatar and not my profile pic. Which is good, I guess. But I still shouldn't see my profile pic in the random page when I don't have permission to view profile pics.

I'm running Blog 1.01

perhaps I should have reported this under Bugs?

Comment

This is a feature in blogs. If you donot want profile picture to be show you can edit templates and remove them.

Comment

Yes, I can. But you can use the same argument for the rest of the forum. Edit the templates if you don't want profile pics being visible all over the place? What's the Profile Pic Viewing permission setting good for then?
        Nope, I don't see it as a feature, I consider this a bug.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...26&postcount=5

This is not a bug. It is working as the desired format. If you want this as a feature you shall request it @ feature requests forum.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the link.

It's odd though. I've set General Permissions for all user groups. Now I need to change templates to maintain those settings. In my view this is a bug

Comment

And after a night of sleep I still consider this to be a bug and not a feature. It may be a feature to show a profile pic, and if not, then an avatar. Fine.

But I don't consider it a feature when several user groups have been denied the ability to view profile pics, and now, all of a sudden they can through Blog. This behavior is not consistent with the rest of vBulletin forum, and thus bad integration. This is a bug.

Comment

If you feel that way then please feel free to report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X