Default permissions not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default permissions not working?

Well when someone registers and starts a blog and they sign out you can't see the blog because it is set to private, now for the default registration it is set for everyone to view the blog, so I don't know why it became a private blog.

Also when you first register and you go to the blog control panel you can see that the permissions are set to everyone to see the blog, but once you post the permissions change to private.

what is going on here and how do you fix this?

Thanks

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=23274

Comment

so this is a bug and it will be fixed for the update of vblog?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Hi,

I installed 1.0.1 blog, but still geting this bug.

Comment

same for me

Comment

Please can you come out with an updated version?

Comment

yes, this is a pretty important problem indeed and should require a hotfix of some sort.

Comment

Can some of devs please respond to this thread?

This bug is really annoying as users even don't know that others can't and comment their blog.

Comment

Its not just adding comments , unregistered users can't read comments at all, althoug thay have a permmision via the admincp.

existing users that had been transfered from one group to another cant' see comments as well.

i would like to recive a clear answer to these problem .

i installed the latest version (1.0.1) a week ago .

Comment

Default permissions not working...

Can some of devs please respond to this thread?

I agree... I bought and paid for installation yesterday. Only to find the same problem. And when you really are not familiar and unsure how to ad a patch that's exactly why I paid. Only to have spent all day emailing back and forth to a support guy and he only just realized that this was an issue. Then just sent me here?? Or wait for the new version...

Comment

I am also having this problem. All new blogs are stuck in private mode. I have to keep running that SQL update to change them.

Please fix!
                        http://www.zgeek.com
                        We put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=23274 There is a patch file at the bottom of the issue that you can use to patch your forums.

Comment

This is rather annoying, can't you guys just update the software? I bought the blog software just a few days ago and from what i see this issue has been around for a while. I don't understand why you haven't just updated it.
                            http://www.zgeek.com
                            We put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Thank you guys, i applied the patch and it worked.

If you don't know how to apply a patch just click to view it highlighted there on the page and copy&paste the lines you need while deleted the 6 lines you don't need.

Comment