Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to show Recent Entries & Recent Comments

Hi,

when looking at the blogs page here via the blogs link it shows a page with Recent Entries, Recent Comments & Random featured blog.

Where on my site i just see a list of the latest blogs, how do i set it to show like it is here?

I have been trying to get the random featured blog to show as well..
    Best Chicago Bears Fan Site on the net!

Comment

Random feature is set up in the Blog Settings in the admin cp. As for the main page, what is the url to your blog?

Comment

My blogs is at

http://www.yourlsl.com/forums/blog.php

And i have the featured blog set to Random Entry, have added a image of what i get showing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure your usergroup has permission to view Other Blogs? Look at your blog when logged out and you'll see it normally!

Comment

Yes its set to Yes for view other blogs and when im logged out it still shows as above.

Comment

Currently only one user have a blog at your boards and the user never received any comments so there is no info to show over there.

Comment

Nope thats not it i had already tryed posting blogs with a test user and posting comments.

Just done the same test again.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't really see how going directly to "blog.php" is going to do that. If you don't have permission to view other blogs, you will be directed to your blog. That does appear to be happening to you but the url should change to "blog.php?u=".

Your blog now shows some comments as well, from your test user.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what address did you use to be able to view it like that Freddie? erm just tryed it in IE and it works how it should eg as in your image, but it still will not work right in firefox even after clearing out temp files & cache and even hitting Ctrl +F5 a few times.

Comment

The address you gave me, in Firefox

http://www.yourlsl.com/forums/blog.php

Comment

So its looking like its my Firefox then, with it working in IE and for yourself in FireFox.

Thanx for the help Freddie, I'll reinstall FireFox later.

Comment